Will using HAL to book our flight(s) save us money?

SSBrickNJ

21 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I was fortunate the website was working and I was able to book the flights online.  I never talked to anyone.   Have you tried this?

Manage My Account

Go to Travel Planning

Pre and Post Cruise Travel

Flights

Book and Manage Flights

I am bumping this because I want to print it out.

Super helpful!

It does no harm to book Flexible flights through FlightEase to lock into the price.  No downside, and if they get cheaper, you can rebook all the way up until final payment.  That's the joy of FE.  Also, they generally don't sell the lowest basic economy fares.  You'll usually get your luggage included which makes a difference in the price when comparing to other travel sites.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

It does no harm to book Flexible flights through FlightEase to lock into the price.  No downside, and if they get cheaper, you can rebook all the way up until final payment.  That's the joy of FE.  Also, they generally don't sell the lowest basic economy fares.  You'll usually get your luggage included which makes a difference in the price when comparing to other travel sites.

For clarification, "Flight Ease" is part of ....a division of the HAL company?

.......or is an outside company that HAL has a relationship with?

18 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

For clarification ... 

Flight Ease® is the airline interface to POLAR / Onesource which is the GDS for HAL / Princess / Cunard / Seabourn.    The wordmark is owned by 'HOLLAND AMERICA LINE N.V. CORPORATION CURACAO 450 THIRD AVENUE WEST SEATTLE WASHINGTON 98119'.   So short answer, yes.   Scott.

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 1

First step is log in to my HAL account

Second step is "Manage My BOOKING" 😉

Travel Planning

Pre and Post Cruise Travel

Check the box next to "FLIGHTS"

Select "Book and Manage Flights"

I'm in.

It worked.

Thanks! 🙂

Edited by SSBrickNJ
  • Like 2

We have often used the air programs for CCL, RCCL and NCL with good results . The big savings seem to be with international flights . Do not rely on the site to pick well . Several times we were offered flights with layovers which were way too short and therefore bound for failure . Other times a different option for a small increase in price was much better . Remember, the cruise line acts like a TA and airline loyalty plans may determine which flight you book . Additional points and luggage allowances may be received .

On 2/5/2023 at 3:07 PM, Hlitner said:

There are pros/cons to using Flightease.  As others have advised, you can simply go into your own HAL account (online) and access the Flightease booking engine to explore what offers exist for your desired air routes.  In our own experience, there can be tremendous savings for international Business/First Class and lesser savings for economy and premium economy.  But the only way to know the answer to your question is to price-out your air options on the HAL flightease sight and compare to what exists elsewhere.

I would add a personal caveat.  Do not allow any cruise line to choose your air flights!  With nearly any line that offers air, you have an option to pick and choose your own flights.  If you let a cruise or river cruise do that on your behalf you are liable to end up with less desirable flights, bad connections, etc.  HAL's Flightease program does not charge you extra fees if you decide to use that service,  And, in many cases you can book flights using their Flexair option which means you do not need to pay for your flights to around final payment time.

Hank

Always listen to Hanks advice . 

Edited by richstowe

On the departure it asks for an "Arrive By" time

............I want to select 11:30pm (or midnight) so it gives the software the maximum flexibility....but the latest time I can select in the drop down options is 2:30pm

Why?

Help!?

Edited by SSBrickNJ

1 minute ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Is it more than 330 days out?  I would go into my account but I am afraid to touch anything, lol.

I am shopping for THIS summer.

Wanted to fly out of Newark 7/31/23

When I changed the departure date to August 1st I was able to select "Anytime"....but it did not matter.

"No flights found"

I'm gonna call the number on that sites screen. 

Reservations help number.

3 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

On the departure it asks for an "Arrive By" time

............I want to select 11:30pm (or midnight) so it gives the software the maximum flexibility....but the latest time I can select in the drop down options is 2:30pm

Why?

Help!?

Are you flying in the day of the cruise?  If so, it wants you to arrive in time not to miss ship.

1 minute ago, SSBrickNJ said:

When I changed the departure date to August 1st I was able to select "Anytime"....but it did not matter.

"No flights found"

I got something. I tapped here and there and got a "hit" for 2 flights.

$3,268 restricted

Roundtrip for 2 people

"No flights found"

Sounds like the site is acting wonky.  I am wondering if they are doing something.  For the FIRST time today when I logged into my account on both bookings I have on the main page it said something like "Flights starting at XXXX"  I have never seen this message previously.

Both flights displayed are FROM EWR NJ to CPH

The screen does not show the return flight.

Double check and make sure you have both departure and return chosen.

Because you also have the option to choose departure or return ONLY.

28 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

@FlorenceItaly

I put in my departure date and my return date.

Economy

Search All Airlines

........yet it comes back as "No flights found"

Try using NYC as your airport code and, if the site is working properly, you should see multiple flights from both JFK and EWR.   Also keep in mind that the cruise lines do not contract with all the airlines so it is possible (but unlikely) that there are no available seats for that route on that day.  

If you still do not get any results you might want to call the cruise line and have them take a look.

Hank