Stopping in Victoria, BC on Alaskan cruise with previous DWI's

Hello! Hoping someone can help, hopefully someone who has experienced this themselves. My boyfriend and I both have DWI's from over 10 years ago and are wanting to take a round trip Seattle cruise that stops in Victoria. Just wondering if we will be denied boarding in Seattle and if not can we just stay on the ship in Victoria? Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!

18 minutes ago, jennybeansmn said:

Hello! Hoping someone can help, hopefully someone who has experienced this themselves. My boyfriend and I both have DWI's from over 10 years ago and are wanting to take a round trip Seattle cruise that stops in Victoria. Just wondering if we will be denied boarding in Seattle and if not can we just stay on the ship in Victoria? Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!

You won't be denied boarding in Seattle because the cruise lines don't have access to the NCIC database that tracks such convictions, and the Canadian government doesn't receive the passenger manifest to run against NCIC until shortly after the ship has departed Seattle.

It will be at the discretion of the CBSA officer examining your records as to whether you will be allowed to disembark in Victoria . You may very well be personally interviewed by an officer upon the ship's arrival in Victoria before the decision is made.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 11:31 AM, njhorseman said:

You won't be denied boarding in Seattle because the cruise lines don't have access to the NCIC database that tracks such convictions, and the Canadian government doesn't receive the passenger manifest to run against NCIC until shortly after the ship has departed Seattle.

It will be at the discretion of the CBSA officer examining your records as to whether you will be allowed to disembark in Victoria . You may very well be personally interviewed by an officer upon the ship's arrival in Victoria before the decision is made.

This is great information for those wanting to cruise Alaska that have this situation. This question seems to be asked often and you have phrased it well.

• Like 1