Booking Pan Pacific YVR pre-cruise with HAL

Bea3

Yes, I believe they do.  My understanding is that any hotel booking through the cruise line warranted transportation. 

However, I would seriously check the Pan Pacific's website and compare the cost of the HAL package to two nights booked on your own. A taxi from the airport to the Pan Pacific is a fixed rate (not sure of the current rate but it was around $35 a few years ago).  You might be better off booking on your own and taking a taxi than paying HAL's per person rates.

While I didn't check cost of this hotel on HAL, in the past, we found hotel prices more expensive when booked through the cruise line. 

We also have a pre cruise stay at the Pan Pacific but we booked it with points. Usually, I would not book such an expensive hotel, but points helped to reduce   the cost and location can't be beat. 

We plan to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel.     

Agree, Pan Pacific is a good choice and the Metro is practically door to door from the airport to the cruise ship departure plaza next to the Pan Pacific, but you will need to cross a busy street with your luggage to get to the hotel.

The Fairmont is the other major hotel that is closer to the Metro stop but does not have the wonderful close up view of the HAL ship and harbor. We paid extra to get a harbor view at the Fairmont, only to see the Coral Princess come in, and not the Hal Zuiderdam that year which was on the other side and out of hotel view. Boo. 

Carefully plan your course on the Metro map, since there are many exits out of the underground station in this area. Pick the one that will be closest to the Hotel

Best part of the Pan Pacific if you don't get a harbor view room is having breakfast at their terrace cafe and looking right directly into the ship's decks, knowing this will be your snug new home in just a few more hours. 

If rolling luggage is a problem, agree then some other form of transportation to the hotel other than the Metro is the right choice. 

We self booked Pan Pacific with harbor view last cruise season.  We only booked for one night.  We flew in from San Diego, gathered our luggage and were directed to the taxi line.  Easy.  We had too much luggage to manage it ourselves on the Metro.  It was so easy!  The Pan Pacific will arrange to have your luggage transferred to the ship for you if you ask them when you check in.  All you have to do is have it ready for pick up in the room.  They will tell you where to catch the special elevator that takes you down to the cruise terminal.  Be sure to keep your cruise documents and passport with you!

Another advantage to self booking is that you don’t have to deal with the HAL transfer process.

• Like 5