Boarding process for NCL in Panama City, Panama

Chuck1j

Yes.  I’m on board the NCL Gem right now, docked at Fuerte Amador. Today is turnaround day — the Jan 25 cruise out of NY ended here today, and the cruise back to NY starts today. My wife and I started in NY and are doing the B2B.

Because the cruise terminal here is still an unfinished mess (I will update that info on another thread), the Panama Convention Center, about 3 miles away, is being used as the check-in point. Guests check in there and board big shuttle buses to the ship.  It appeared to me that checked luggage was taken at the Convention Center. 

This morning, departing guests who were not going to the airport were also bused to the Convention Center, as were those of us on the B2B who wanted to go ashore.  We then had to return to the Convention Center to get a shuttle bus back to the ship.

Given the lack of a working Cruise Terminal at Fuerte Amador, I think this was probably the best arrangement that could be made for a cruise disembarking and embarking here.  (It was still a tedious process, especially returning to the ship.)

Bonus photo: lovely view of the Panama City skyline from the Gem

46B58260-77EB-4F54-93F4-5026E3B694DB.thumb.jpeg.db737473574023e56ac615910346af10.jpeg

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 2