Changing rate code booking.

rob6465

3 minutes ago, rob6465 said:

Is there a fee for wanting to change your rate code after paying only deposit? Would be paying a higher deposit for change.

So you want to cancel a cruise and rebook under a new offer?

Get a pvp or call Carnival 5 calls could have 5 different answers and there's always those they did it for me type posts here.

• Like 1

Usually the way it works is once you book under a specific rate code, you are always that rate.  You can get price adjustments though depending on what code you booked under.

Example:  You book under early saver, but later see that a special promotion you quality for has the room cheaper.  You can call or submit the form and they will "price match" that new promotional offer (including OBC, etc.).   However, your rate code does not change to that new one - you are still early saver.  Even if you do this 5 times before you sail.

The only way to truly be under a new rate code is to cancel and rebook.  You will be assessed whatever cancellation penalty there is associated with though.  Yes, good PVP's can sometimes get that waived, but they have become far more strict on enforcing it (personal experience talking 🙂).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 8:20 AM, wemjam said:

Usually the way it works is once you book under a specific rate code, you are always that rate.  You can get price adjustments though depending on what code you booked under.

Example:  You book under early saver, but later see that a special promotion you quality for has the room cheaper.  You can call or submit the form and they will "price match" that new promotional offer (including OBC, etc.).   However, your rate code does not change to that new one - you are still early saver.  Even if you do this 5 times before you sail.

The only way to truly be under a new rate code is to cancel and rebook.  You will be assessed whatever cancellation penalty there is associated with though.  Yes, good PVP's can sometimes get that waived, but they have become far more strict on enforcing it (personal experience talking 🙂).

So if i booked early saver with $198 deposit but want to change to RU2(Cheers) with $500 deposit. How does that work?

46 minutes ago, rob6465 said:

So if i booked early saver with $198 deposit but want to change to RU2(Cheers) with $500 deposit. How does that work?

You would want to call them and advise you want to change to the new rate of RU2 that includes cheers - as stated already you would have to up your deposit to the full $500 with them.

• Like 1

Several years ago I submitted an early saver price adjustment form, and it was approved for the price reduction.  What I hadn’t noticed and no one told me is that the new rate required a higher deposit.  Imagine my surprise several days later when I was doing a mock booking to check prices and saw MY cabin available to book.  As soon as the rate adjustment was made without the increased deposit, my booking was cancelled with no notification to me.  I did get the cabin back, but that’s only because I noticed it.

3 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

wasn't there a time during the pandemic when you were early saver they were allowing you one change or did I dream that?

I don’t think you dreamed it.  They relaxed the rules quite a bit during covid. My PVP always had to put me on hold and wait for supervisor approval, but there were several times changes were made or fees waived during that period.