Brooklyn terminal to LGA

tweety33

Our airline just changed my flight to one that is way too late for us. Our ship says arrives in Brooklyn at 8am on a Thursday. We do self-disembark. Can we grab a cab and get to Laguardia airport for an 11:28 flight? Being there 2 hrs early we need to be at airport by 9:28. Nervous cutting it that close but hate to wait till end of day to fly out.   Thank you

2 hours ago, tweety33 said:

Our airline just changed my flight to one that is way too late for us. Our ship says arrives in Brooklyn at 8am on a Thursday. We do self-disembark. Can we grab a cab and get to Laguardia airport for an 11:28 flight? Being there 2 hrs early we need to be at airport by 9:28. Nervous cutting it that close but hate to wait till end of day to fly out.   Thank you

Define “way too late” (as in new flight time), and weigh it against “acceptable risk” (as in missing your flight).    You have a chance of making  an 11:28 flight - if the ship arrives on time (or early) and everything goes smoothly —- but unless taking the later flight involves more inconvenience than just wasting time, I would not bet on making it.

4 hours ago, tweety33 said:

Our ship says arrives in Brooklyn at 8am on a Thursday. We do self-disembark. Can we grab a cab and get to Laguardia airport for an 11:28 flight? Being there 2 hrs early we need to be at airport by 9:28. Nervous cutting it that close but hate to wait till end of day to fly out.

You're in the grey area here of being late enough that theres a chance but not late enough that its a sure bet. The issue you're going to have is that LGA is a business commuter's airport and will be very busy on a Thursday morning. 

Do you have TSA PreCheck? That would be a major help here. 

If the ship arrives at or before 8 and quickly is cleared you could reasonably be pier side with self disembark and through immigration by 8:30-45. Figure you're in a car by 9am. It's a 30 minute trip without traffic-- and there will be traffic on a Thursday morning rush hour. You are realistically looking at 10-10:15 curbside at LGA. And then it's going to all come down to how fast you can get through security hence the question on PreCheck-- that could be the difference if there are long lines. 

Physically possible but everything needs to go perfectly. 

Since your airline moved you, do they fly out of JFK or EWR to your destination at a more convenient time? Could be worth looking into. 

Thank you for your input!!!

I now realize what I need to do. I am going to move the flight they scheduled me for, to an earlier afternoon flight so I won't freak out about missing it. If we get there early and they have seats on the morning flight & they let us on, all the better, bonus. I don't want to stress after an overdue relaxing cruise. Thanks!!