Covid now a non issue?

luvtravel

In March was a land trip holiday. Got covid. In October was on Apex & came back with pneumonia. Ended up in hospital for observation. In January another land trip ended up with strep throat & bronchitis. Very unwell same as I was with covid but was negative throughout. It’s not just on ships. On Silhouette in May - let’s see what I’ll pick up 😁

I was on an NCL week long cruise last week. Started feeling tired and weird on day 4, figured I was just drinking too much and got more sleep. Worst day was a few days later then started getting better.

The cruise lines don't care beyond what they're mandated to by law.  If the local government doesn't care, they don't care. 

They will facilitate a quarantine in your room if you want to, but only if you volunteer.  

Most people don't. I didn't, I didn't test until I got home. Didn't even know I had it until I was already home.  Started out as a cold. 

By the time you realize you have it, it's too late and it's already spread, there's nothing we can do about it. It will be a reality of cruising for some time to come. 

Cant test positive if you don't test.  Best thing to do is go find a lounger in the sun and rest with plenty of fluids. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, D C said:

Because it's a highly contagious virus, that for the vast majority of people is a complete and total non-issue. Almost all of the deaths now are in health compromised people over 75. People are not tested or quarantined on boards for influenza, and it's killing people far more often than covid.  

Yes they are. If you are ill and go to the clinic and they suspect influenza and they test you for it and you are positive they will quarantine you. Same with noro. They have had whole outbreaks of flu onboard some ships. This is just one example: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/baltimore/news/royal-carribean-cruise-ship-flu-outbreak-baltimore/

This thread- "Is COVID  Now a Non-Issue?"  How do any of us answer that really?

That requires a highly subjective opinion by those answering. And their personal risk profile.

Non-issue compared to what?  Covid in 2020? 

Other viruses - Flu, RSV, Noro?  

Health status and age?

As we can see from the thread there are quite a few opinions offered.  But it is really just a personal perspective for every one of us.  A non-issue for me might be a tremendous issue for others.  I am going about my daily life, and cruising, and just taking precautions when I feel I need too.  I can say for me anyway that now in 2023 it is much less of an issue.

• Like 4