Booked on Jet Blue ?? Watch out

jnc411

Try to make this short as possible. Booked on Jet Blue over 6 months ago. Selected our seats the ones in the rear area with couple inches more leg room , my husband is very tall , he needs the extra room. Paid for and printed up the confirmation. A couple weeks ago they had a sale , I called just to see if I could take advantage of that if it was even possible. Sure we can do that , we will give you Jet Blue credit for the difference. OK sounds good, but this isn't going to change my reservation in any way , right ? No , all the same. Sooooo we fly tomorrow evening, THIS EVENING the day before we go I get an email reminding us to get our boarding passes online is easier, WELL , I checked the forms , and they changed our seats , to the front of the aircraft , where there is less leg room right by the bulkhead (I hate sitting there). So I called and said there must be some mistake, I booked this months ago, and these seats you have listed are wrong. I have a print out here stating our seats are in the rear area. Well yadda yadda yadda, there must have been an error in booking and your seats are now in the front. I explained I needed seats with more leg room and that is what we booked months ago. Sorry , nothing we can do, I got a supervisor, finally after much discussion , she is seating us in the emg. exit row (where it is going to be cold for 5 hours) and she acted like she was doing us a big favor. &%*)#&^)#@ We didn't make the mistake they did, I am just so angry. I sent an email to the complaint department but I know nothing will come of it.

So beware, if you have reservations on Jet Blue , check , check and keep checking your seat assignments , this crap happens. If I get any response I will post, leaving tomorrow, so won't be able to answere any questions re this thread , sorry.

Cori

... they changed our seats , to the front of the aircraft , where there is less leg room right by the bulkhead (I hate sitting there). ... I got a supervisor, finally after much discussion , she is seating us in the emg. exit row (where it is going to be cold for 5 hours) and she acted like she was doing us a big favor.
Many people spend hours trying to ensure that they either get a seat by the bulkhead or in an exit row, so you're being unfair to the supervisor who was genuinely trying to help. It may not be for you, but don't have a go at her for trying to do something for you.

Whatever the original cause of the problem, you didn't have to accept the exit row. You could have asked for something else that was available, but it sounds like it would have had less legroom. Which would you have preferred?

she is seating us in the emg. exit row (where it is going to be cold for 5 hours)

You will not find the exit row seats to be any colder than any other seat on the aircraft. In fact, if your seats are in exit rows 11 or 12 on their A320, you have the best seats on the plane, bar none. For more details on these extremely attractive and highly sought after seats, go to http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/JetBlue_Airways/JetBlue_Airways_Airbus_A320.php

The supervisor was doing you a BIG favor in assigning you these seats.

You will not find the exit row seats to be any colder than any other seat on the aircraft. In fact, if your seats are in exit rows 11 or 12 on their A320, you have the best seats on the plane, bar none. For more details on these extremely attractive and highly sought after seats, go to http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/JetBlue_Airways/JetBlue_Airways_Airbus_A320.php

I would agree--I sat on exit row seats on all of my most recent flights and the temperature was perfectly fine. I hope you have a good trip!

It wasn't Jetblue, but we flew on Northwest on an A320 to LAX from Detroit, and we had the second exit row (row 11, I think, but can't be sure). There was huge legroom there. I'm 6'5 and there was easily 7 or 8 inches from my knees to the seat in front of me. No draft or anything for the 5 hours I was in that seat. There was a little condensation build up on the window on the door in the last 5 minutes before we landed, but it wasn't cold.

If you don't like those seats, I'm sure you will have no trouble finding somebody in the back half of the plane to trade with.

I guess either I have been lucky... but I have flown Jet blue 6 times in the last three months and I have had the exit row on most of thoes flights. The room there is very comfortable. My son who was with me last week as we flew from Boston to Orlando is 6'3 was very happy to have those seats. I also asked for a blanket but never took it out of the package so I was not cold in those seats and I am cold blooded. The planes are all new and in great condition.

I also needed to change a flight last Feb 12, when the northeast was getting that huge snow storm to make a cruise and Jet blue wavied the change ticket fee for me without me asking her to do so. Very pleasant customer service compared to other airlines I have used in the past.

Hope your flight is a good one, I know Jet Blue is coming to my hometown so now I don't have to drive 2.5 hours to fly them and they are the first airiline I check for fares.... I love jet blue

Another advantage to sitting in the exit row is that the seats if front of you can not lean back into you.....:)

My husband and I fly Jet Blue alot and the last time was Feb. 1. I had purchased our tickets in Sept. and then they had a great sale. I got a Jet Blue credit and still had my same seats. I had picked the exit rows as there is so much more room. Like another poster said I am sure anyone in the back of the plane would switch seats as the exit rows are the best seats on the plane. Hopefully you had a great Jet Blue experience and will fly them again. I always check their prices first as they are my first choice to fly with. :D

I know how frustrated you must have been, but I have to agree with others here, the supervisor did do you a big favor, those exit row seats are incredibly comfortable. I try to sit in the exit row whenever possible, and I have never found it any colder or warmer than any other seat on the plane.

Archived