Ordering Drinks

kelhag

I feel like I should know the answer but I am not 100%. Can you order the same drink from any bar? Example, can I order a beachcomber( Red Frog Rum Bar menu) at the atrium bar or at the Havana Bar? Maybe not at the Alchemy Bar but at the others?

If the bar has the ingredients, yes. A lot of Alchemy drinks are unique to them. For example, none of the other bars on the ship have cucumber so no Cucumber Sunrise elsewhere. I am not sure what's in a Beachcomber, but if it's relatively common stuff then you can order it elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I love Carribean Coladas.  Only bar that makes them is the RFP. Go figure! 🤔

I just started drinking the Carribean Coladas on my Pride cruise last month, I know the RFP Made them

but was also able to get them at the Serenity  bar at the back of the ship, Liked the Banana taste.  

Unfortunately, not all bars serve all drinks.  On more than one occasion I have been told "we can't make that."

And it varies from ship to ship.  I always would get a tiramisu in the comedy lounge, then on one sailing I was told I would have to go to the Alchemy bar to get it.

Same thing with other drinks too.  Can get it one or two places, but not at a difference bar on the same ship.

Also, just a side note.  If you order a drink somewhere and REALLY like it.  Go back to that bar for it, because in my experience if you order it at a different bar it can taste completely different and no where near as good.

• Like 3

Carnival used to have the same menu at every bar. They hired a beverage manager who came up with the idea that there should be specialty bars, each with their own signature drinks. Most of those drinks did not exist on Carnival before this concept was implemented. 

So don't think of it as "Carnival won't make any drink I want at every bar on the ship". It is "Each Carnival bar has its own unique menu". Just like a large hotel in a resort area may have several specialty bars. I don't go to the bar that has 80 beers on tap at my favorite Las Vegas hotel and expect them to make me a frozen Pina Colada just because another one of their bars serves them. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Underxdog said:

Does adding a floater to a drink take off of your total of 15 drinks per day?

Not if you're paying for the drink, think of it like making a drink a double. It is still just one drink. If you want to do it with Cheers though, what you'd have to do is order the drink and then 5 minutes later order a shot of the floater. That would take off your total 15.

19 hours ago, kelhag said:

I feel like I should know the answer but I am not 100%. Can you order the same drink from any bar? Example, can I order a beachcomber( Red Frog Rum Bar menu) at the atrium bar or at the Havana Bar? Maybe not at the Alchemy Bar but at the others?

Hi @kelhag🙂

Just wanted to drop this info for you. Click on the link below. 

Carnival Bar & Drink Menus 2023 located @:

https://profcruise.com/carnival-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2023/

🍹🥂🍺🍸🍾🍷🍹🥂🍺🍸🍷🍹

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Not if you're paying for the drink, think of it like making a drink a double. It is still just one drink. If you want to do it with Cheers though, what you'd have to do is order the drink and then 5 minutes later order a shot of the floater. That would take off your total 15.

I thought it didnt matter if you had the cheers package or not, Carnival only lets you order 15 alcoholic drinks a day. Does that mean if you don’t use your cheers package you can order more than 15 drinks?

3 minutes ago, Underxdog said:

I thought it didnt matter if you had the cheers package or not, Carnival only lets you order 15 alcoholic drinks a day. Does that mean if you don’t use your cheers package you can order more than 15 drinks?

No, a floater isn't a separate drink. It's like ordering a Jack & Pepsi double. Still only one drink.

But floaters are not covered under Cheers so the only way to order that with Cheers is to order the floater as a separate drink. Back to the jack & pepsi example, you can't order a Jack & Pepsi double with Cheers, you'd have to order a Jack & Pepsi and in 5 minutes order a separate shot and that counts as 2 drinks.

I hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:17 PM, delerium98 said:

colada.JPG

Is the floater a dark rum?  I was at RFRB and saw a bartender make what I THOUGHT was a Pina Colada with dark rum (Myers specifically) and that was what I wanted so I ordered a pina colada then watched them proceed to make it with light rums.  When I asked, the bartender who made mine what I should have ordered from the menu to get a dark rum, he acted like I was crazy.  He said they didn't use Myers in frozen drinks.  Liar.  I watched the other one!   Insert Eyeroll.  

46 minutes ago, 80sGal said:

Is the floater a dark rum?  I was at RFRB and saw a bartender make what I THOUGHT was a Pina Colada with dark rum (Myers specifically) and that was what I wanted so I ordered a pina colada then watched them proceed to make it with light rums.  When I asked, the bartender who made mine what I should have ordered from the menu to get a dark rum, he acted like I was crazy.  He said they didn't use Myers in frozen drinks.  Liar.  I watched the other one!   Insert Eyeroll.  

Sounds like what you saw him make was a lava flow. I think its a little mango mix in the bottom a the glass then filled with pina colada thats topped with a dark rum chaser. I was introduced to it on my last cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1