Outside Guarantee Y and Obstructed Kat 8

jkhneuber

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Was your Guarantee fare lower than booking an Obstructed Cabin and choosing the exact cabin would have been?

We booked online with a travel agent in Norway. For our cruise, the Y GTE was the cheapest fare. (no balcony or CC suites we available) There were other categories OV, however, available rooms stated were only  Cat 8 with restricted view. Other categories  (OV and inside) stated "room to be assigned at check-in" So the decision was made very easily as we are also not interested in OBC. In the end, we were assigned 6033, the one with the best "view. 

• Like 1

I have stayed in 6036 once. It also has a decent view between the lifeboats. I would never book that category with two people as it is just too small, but for me it was fine especially when saving over $1,000 compared to a balcony. Only category 08 was available for oceanview so I only had the choice between a balcony and obstructed OV. The location is fantastic but you have to be careful when they are servicing the lifeboats to keep the blinds closed. 

personally I think they should restrict them to solo occupancy and reduce the size of the bed to at least a Queen or double which would make the room seem larger.

Edited by ptrpanpens