Haven't cruised since pandemic- Need feedback

depplep

On 2/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, depplep said:

Hi everyone,

We haven't cruised since the pandemic and are considering either a caribbean cruise or New England. We are diamond so we aren't new to cruising and have only been on Royal so we are familiar with their ships.  I'm looking for feedback on what has changed about the experience if anything.  Any covid related restrictions as far as social distancing or capacity restrictions for shows/dining/bars/pool?  We've been doing all inclusives the last 3yrs and would like to get back to cruising but I'm just wondering if you guys feel like it's the same experience as it used to be? Appreciate any comments good or bad.

We were chopping at the bit to get back onboard so after postponing our January 2022 Anthem cruise we went on the Adventure outta Bayonne in May 2022 biggest issue was Bermuda and no longer a separate test and charge of $40 per person multiple times 2,400 passengers was a $96,000 windfall for Bermuda each ship. 
9 nights cruise started off great with tons of activities and fun but towards the end it was mostly karaoke and silent disco. Again towards the end lots of folks wearing masks and I heard 150 quarantine onboard. Enjoyed the first cruise Diamond 4 drinks a person per day anywhere great! Food and service decent too. Need more live music and dancing opportunities! Came back home with covid19 both of us, but we had a good time!

Just got off NCL 12 nights on getaway January 2023! We’re platinum on Ncl and we like to enjoy both RCL and Ncl too., Amazing time dancing and live music with wonderful reggae band and Latin duo too. Food decent but specialty dinners lacking.
Also came home with covid19! Second time with paxlovid too. In my opinion cruises are cutting back on many things but if you get onboard with a smile and keep smiling it’s beautiful experience. We’re north of 65 and love activities so Ncl is the best for live music and dancing! Over 20,000 steps daily. Stretch class 7 am abs class 7:30, fun Zumba type class 8:45, 11 am dance class in atrium, dancing by pool reggae live band, spice H20 dance night and bliss lounge dancing with live music mojitos bar dancing with Latin duo! Very active cruise! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NoShoes2 said:

That’s awesome!

I remember Christmas at Kraynak's, shopping for shoes at Reyer's and visiting that chocolate place that had all the chocolate designs. Grew up  closer to P.A. Thanks to all for your feedback. Still debating between Caribbean/New England.

• Like 1