Celebration Cabins

chasinraynbowz

Before I start this, I will ask that everyone be nice and respectful as everyone's experiences are different.

I am a POS (Person of Size).  I cruised on the Celebration in January.  We had a Cove Balcony booked and were very excited about this trip.  The cabins are beautiful.  I love the color scheme and the layout.  The cabins are small, narrower than older ships, but we handled that.  What we had a problem with was the bathroom in our cabin.  I loved the new shower, but holy cow that bathroom is small.  It's narrow and short, if that makes sense, and I could sit on the toilet and wash my hands in the sink at the same time.  One time, I bumped my head on the shower when I was trying to get jammies on.  It's entirely too small for adults who may carry some extra weight.

I am booked on the Jubilee out of Galveston next January, which is a sister ship to the Celebration.  I ended up cancelling and rebooked the cruise so we could sail in an Ocean Suite instead of a Cove balcony so we could have a bigger bathroom.

Just thought I would share my experience.  I did truly love the ship and all she has to offer.  

• Thanks 2

So glad you followed up POS with what you meant. In my circles that mean Piece of S#!t like look at that POS car. 

I am 5'10" / 265 and I had no issues. Certainly not roomy, but it worked for me. The suites are much nicer though. On many ships they have the double sink and a bathtub.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, asalligo said:

So glad you followed up POS with what you meant. In my circles that mean Piece of S#!t like look at that POS car. 

I am 5'10" / 265 and I had no issues. Certainly not roomy, but it worked for me. The suites are much nicer though. On many ships they have the double sink and a bathtub.

LOL I knew better.  POS means so many different things.  

Glad you had no issues.  

We made friends with our next door neighbors while on the Mardi Gras. We had an ocean suite and they had a balcony. The husband was a POS too, and in a scooter. They were really jealous of our bathroom and yes, ours was bigger in the ocean suite. But even ours felt small. But it was do-able. I wouldn’t have wanted it any smaller! 

Ill chime in from a smaller couple's perspective.  We are both on the thinner side and even our reaction in a balcony cabin on Celebration was What Were They Thinking?   We didnt have any issues, but dang ... there is NO EXTRA SPACE in there.   I can see how many people would be incredibly uncomfortable.  The shelves are also awkwardly placed beside the toilet and not as easy to reach than a typical layout -- and more likely to fall off into an open toilet.   I kept most of my toiletry items in the cabin area.   Otherwise we loved the cabin, and the shower doors were a nice change from curtains.  

Here is a trick I noticed last week and failed to mention. Take a sheet (ask for a spare or an extra blanket) and there is a hanging pin on the 2nd closet door.

Drape it from the closet hanger the hanger pin buy bathroom room and voila, extra change space.

Kind of like the weird Norwegian ship's cabin toilet/bath set up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Ill chime in from a smaller couple's perspective.  We are both on the thinner side and even our reaction in a balcony cabin on Celebration was What Were They Thinking?   We didnt have any issues, but dang ... there is NO EXTRA SPACE in there.   I can see how many people would be incredibly uncomfortable.  The shelves are also awkwardly placed beside the toilet and not as easy to reach than a typical layout -- and more likely to fall off into an open toilet.   I kept most of my toiletry items in the cabin area.   Otherwise we loved the cabin, and the shower doors were a nice change from curtains.  

Thanks so much for your perspective.  I don't feel so awkward now... lol.  We loved the cabin also, but it was just too small.  Six inches wider would have been great, I think. 

2 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

All correct. Room and bathroom are smaller. Also had a cove balcony on celebration and noticed the bed was very close to the balcony and door. Had to climb in from bottom of bed. I know some rooms have couch near balcony which should be better. 

Our beds were apart as 2 twin beds.  Very little space between them and very little space between the ball on one side and the sofa on the other.

One thing I missed in my cabin was a real night table.  Those tiny little shelves were almost worthless.  I don’t know about anyone else, but that big blue cube they had in place of a chair at the desk was WAY too heavy.  I know it provides some extra storage space, but I would have greatly preferred a real chair or even a stool.

12 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

One thing I missed in my cabin was a real night table.  Those tiny little shelves were almost worthless.  I don’t know about anyone else, but that big blue cube they had in place of a chair at the desk was WAY too heavy.  I know it provides some extra storage space, but I would have greatly preferred a real chair or even a stool.

I mostly used that lighted groove above your head, in head board. Could fit the remote, glasses, phone and more. I put my bottle of water up there as well, no issues as long as seas aren't rough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

OMG i agree.  That big blue cube was way too heavy and not easy to move... lol.

Also, the night shelves were way too small.  I used the sofa... lol... it was right there anyway.  My cousin used the shelf one night and things fell off each night.

In about a month, we're going to have 2 adults and 2 kids in one of these generously sized rooms that you guys are talking about!   I think we should stop feeding everyone now 🙂It looks like the second bed will be in the form of a sofa sleeper setup.

I'm not sweating it, we're usually not in room too much.  A few years ago we spent a week in the Smokey Mountains in a NV 200-based camper van we rented so we can handle it.

I will say on RCCL, odd as it sounds, we can normally get two cabins for the four of us for less than the price of one room.  However demand is up and we didn't book this cruise until last month, so we're happy to be going anywhere.  A single room with quad occupancy on the Celebration was in budget and it looks like a cool ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, irun5k said:

In about a month, we're going to have 2 adults and 2 kids in one of these generously sized rooms that you guys are talking about!   I think we should stop feeding everyone now 🙂It looks like the second bed will be in the form of a sofa sleeper setup.

I'm not sweating it, we're usually not in room too much.  A few years ago we spent a week in the Smokey Mountains in a NV 200-based camper van we rented so we can handle it.

I will say on RCCL, odd as it sounds, we can normally get two cabins for the four of us for less than the price of one room.  However demand is up and we didn't book this cruise until last month, so we're happy to be going anywhere.  A single room with quad occupancy on the Celebration was in budget and it looks like a cool ship.

Take advantage of the spa showers. They are huge! Did not realize until the last day.

On 2/8/2023 at 11:49 AM, chasinraynbowz said:

Before I start this, I will ask that everyone be nice and respectful as everyone's experiences are different.

I am a POS (Person of Size).  I cruised on the Celebration in January.  We had a Cove Balcony booked and were very excited about this trip.  The cabins are beautiful.  I love the color scheme and the layout.  The cabins are small, narrower than older ships, but we handled that.  What we had a problem with was the bathroom in our cabin.  I loved the new shower, but holy cow that bathroom is small.  It's narrow and short, if that makes sense, and I could sit on the toilet and wash my hands in the sink at the same time.  One time, I bumped my head on the shower when I was trying to get jammies on.  It's entirely too small for adults who may carry some extra weight.

I am booked on the Jubilee out of Galveston next January, which is a sister ship to the Celebration.  I ended up cancelling and rebooked the cruise so we could sail in an Ocean Suite instead of a Cove balcony so we could have a bigger bathroom.

Just thought I would share my experience.  I did truly love the ship and all she has to offer.  

My husband and I completely agree and it was three days into the cruise before I realized that I was using kleenex instead of toilet paper.  Apparently I wasn't the only one because with the Celebration they changed the configuration. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1