osaka pier to KIX

hgatsawgrs

Anyone have an idea on avoiding HAL bus and finding a guide/tour/limo service to spend the day (May 1st off Statendam). We have plane at 5;30 and do not want to take expensive HAL bus at * a.m. and sit at airport for 8 hours. Thx for the help

On the same theme, Kate and I have an early departure from KIX (flight at 9:55). Does anyone have an alternative for getting out to the airport apart from HAL's allegedly expensive transfers? I believe that a taxi is likely to cost around 18000 Yen.

Cheers

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

There is a subway/train station very close to the pier in Osaka. You can take that to the nearest JR train station (only a few minutes ride). From there you can catch a train that will take you directly to the Airport.

With proper directions (or if you speak Japanese), you can make the entire trip in about 30 minutes at a cost of just a few dollars.

It is safer, faster, cleaner, cheaper, and more fun than a bus.

I just booked the taxi group below. They are picking us up from the cruise ship terminal (Tempozan Terminal) and dropping us at our Osaka hotel for $65US total... thought that was reasonable. From our hotel to the airport, they wanted $175US total... thought that was high.

http://www.mk-group.co.jp/english/shuttle/index.html

I also contact via e-mail Osaka Airport Transport Co. at

dengon@okkbus.co.jp/eng/index.html

They said no reservations needed, it's 1st come, 1st served. I know they stop at the Hilton, where we're staying and the fare is $12US per person to the airport. I asked if they have a luggage limit, that we'll have 1 large suitcase each and 1 rolly each. They said that was okay. I have no idea if the stop at the cruise terminal.

There is also a limo-bus that goes to KIX but I haven't been able to find a net address for it. Apparently it's arranged through the hotels.

Sandy

The airport bus to KIX runs hourly and stops at the cruise terminal directly underneath the big wheel, as well as a few hotels. It is scheduled for a bit over an hour.

A taxi from the cruise terminal cost me Y11,000 last week (actually Y10,750 - tried to give the driver Y12,000 and he wouldn't take the extra Y1000). That was direct with no waiting time on the roads, as there was no traffic jams going out to the airport. It took around 30 minutes.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

They said no reservations needed, it's 1st come, 1st served. I know they stop at the Hilton, where we're staying and the fare is $12US per person to the airport. I asked if they have a luggage limit, that we'll have 1 large suitcase each and 1 rolly each. They said that was okay. I have no idea if the stop at the cruise terminal.

There is also a limo-bus that goes to KIX but I haven't been able to find a net address for it. Apparently it's arranged through the hotels.

Sandy

Sandy,

I just recently stayed at the Hilton Osaka. The Limo Bus does stop here a few times a day but the times were not convenient for us when going from the hotel to the airport. We ended up going to the Limo Bus stop which was across the street and down a block. Hilton's Bell Captain took our luggage to the stop for us (and they do not accept tips). The cost for the limo bus came to about $11-12 (1300 yen I believe) or so and it was a very nice coach bus. There is no luggage limitations and it was a very comfortable ride. We also took it from Kix to the Hilton. The limo bus seemed to leave every 30 minutes or so from this stop across from the Hilton.

If you have any questions about the Hilton - let me know. It is in a very convenient location and the service was excellent.

=========

Sorry, don't have any info about limo/bus to Kix from the cruise terminal. We did take the subway near the pier (we were at the aquarium) and I wouldn't want to carry my luggage the few blocks to the subway station. Easy walk with out luggage...

Thanks for the info, Coral. Would like to know the times the Limo bus left the HIlton for KIX. We'll be taking it on a Monday. Our flight leaves KIX at 3:25 pm so I imagine we'll need to leave the Hilton about noon. Is there a Limo bus that leaves the HIlton bound for KIX about noon on week days? It's good to know that there is another Limo stop near the Hilton...just in case. Also, did you have a Kobi beef dinner near the Hilton? Thanks again for any info you can provide.

Sandy

Sandy -

I just posted my Japan photos and have some of the hotel:

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/japan/PhotoAlbum112.html

I am still unpacking (I am slow) and will let you know if I still have the limo/bus schedule. If I remember correctly the limo/bus stopped 4 times or so for pickup at the Hilton per day (3 times in the morning and 1 time in the afternoon, not sure about the evening). With your times, you will probably be fine. Though - it was very simple to go to the limo/bus stop so if the times don't match - you will be ok. The bell captain took our luggage for us and walked across the street with it (very painless)! We purchased the limo/bus tickets via the hotel and they just charged it to our hotel bill.

We caught the 2:30 bus (I think it was 2:28 or something bus) to the airport. We had a 7 pm flight but we had friends who lived near the airport and wanted to see them before we left so we had drinks with them.

It takes approx an hour and given your schedule - I think you will be fine. We didn't have any lines at the airport when we checked in - it was pretty efficient.

Sandy - I just looked and I no longer have the limo/bus schedule. I do know it leaves every 30 minutes from across the street and several times in the morning from the hotel. You will really enjoy the Hilton - the service was excellent and the hotel was very convenient to the subway and the train station.

As far as Kobe beef - no, I didn't eat any near the hotel. We had the Executive Floor at the Hilton and ate all of our breakfasts there and then we ate lunch out wherever we were and by dinner time, we just had canapes and drinks at the hotel on the Excecutive Floor for dinner. One day we asked the hotel were we could eat some Tempura and they gave us a piece of paper with about 10 restaurants listed.

I met up with one of our foreign exchange students (who is getting her masters in Kobe) for one day while I was over there and a coworker of mine is from Osaka (she just returned home for a few weeks). I will ask them where you can have Kobe beef for dinner near the hotel. If she doesn't have an answer - the hotel will probably have a sheet of recommendations.

Thank you, Coral, for your quick response. We, too, will be on the executive level of the Hilton. I'm so pleased you had a positive experience there. Sounds like the Hilton continental breakfasts and canapes were ample. Some hotel's concierge floors just barely squeak by.

My e-mail is: sandy@riskin.net If you don't mind e-mailing me, I'd really like to hear about the highlights of what you did while in Osaka and Kyoto. I'm so glad you posted.. there's nothing like getting someone's 1st hand experience! I know what it's like just returning from a trip, so feel free to e-mail me once you've unpacked and finished the laundry...

Thanks again, Sandy

Sandy - I sent you an email. My email address is in my signature.

I have been home for 3 weeks - I just hadn't unpacked. The first week, I had jetlag pretty bad and overslept every morning that week. The last 2 weeks have been normal - just getting done with the end of semester at work.

Archived