Can you bring fresh flowers (roses) onboard...?

NavyCruiser

I have always ordered roses from Princess, and noticed on our last 2 cruises (after a 3 year pause) they were no longer offered on the website.  On our cruise in Oct I didn't get any flowers but when our Christmas cruise was coming up someone told me my TA could order them.  She did, they were in the cabin when we arrived and the price was reasonable.

I did screw up however.  With the new larger TVs on the wall, that leaves the top of the wall unit the TV used to stand on empty - the perfect place for the flowers.  Not.  The temp that close to the ceiling got to the flowers and they were wilted in 2 days.  Lesson learned.

We were on the CB in January for 14 days, and when the flowers fell off the plants in the dining room, they were not replaced. When we went into a port, some locals were selling handmade paper flowers for the school there, so we purchased 6 of them, filled a small drinking glass with tissues, and decorated our table. Amazing how many people came over to tell us how festive our table looked. After dinner, we took them back to our room till the next day. Then repeat.....

Would department of agriculture let us bring the flowers out at disembarkation too?   We had beautiful flowers from Princess, a large display piece indeed and sadly left it behind.  

2 hours ago, CeCe_ said:

Would department of agriculture let us bring the flowers out at disembarkation too?   We had beautiful flowers from Princess, a large display piece indeed and sadly left it behind.  

I took a beautiful arrangement on board in Hawaii, they brightened the cabin. However when we boarded I was told up front we couldn't take them off the ship in CA. which we had assumed anyway so not an issue. I did take the container home though it was a beautiful cut glass orange vase. My sister in CA loved it.

• Like 1