Custom Air question

goletans

We have what we consider to be a very good deal on flights using the custom air request. Deviation fee but no additional cost. Oceania advised that they will only ticket the air once the reservation is paid in full. Final payment is later this month. Is this usual? We want to select our seats now.

4 minutes ago, goletans said:

We have what we consider to be a very good deal on flights using the custom air request. Deviation fee but no additional cost. Oceania advised that they will only ticket the air once the reservation is paid in full. Final payment is later this month. Is this usual? We want to select our seats now.

normal 

you  can pay in full  anytime prior to the final payment date

3 hours ago, goletans said:

Thank you. What I recall is getting a confirmation number so I was assured of the itineraries even before ticketing. I was able to see the flights but not select seats. I could be wrong; my brain has aged.

when we have paid the deviation fee  & chosen the flights  they  are on the invoice  but  have not been able to check in with the airline until the ticket is paid for by Oceania

It may be different with US airlines  but until I get the PNR code  after the ticket  is issued  I cannot do anything

JME

• Like 1

Dear Golotans:

Last October (on Regatta to Australia) when we accepted the chosen flights and paid the deviation fee we were told that we would be able to select and upgrade seats in two or three days.  We had already made our final payment. Two days later when I checked we were able to select and upgrade our seats. 

I received an E-mail within minutes of the payment with an invoice and record locator. The record locator would not work until two days later.

Joel Barry