HAL trending to 1st/2nd Class?

LocoLoco1

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

These neigborhoods are  in   the Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships . They start at 220,000  tons & larger   .Just take a look at Wonder of the Seas & now ICON  of The Seas & there are several huge ones before those  .These are the more recent giants  .All have  neighborhoods   .However ,non restrict you to stay there . when you even book a inside cabin you can go into all  the public areas  of those ships

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, really a great post and one I agree with completely. 

So many people seem to lack empathy these days, always jumping to the conclusion that another person's motives are bad (bragging, one-upmanship) rather than a perhaps somewhat awkward way of communicating and trying to connect.  They seem to walk around with a chip on their shoulder, every little nuance of another's words analyzed and found wanting. Hair-trigger responses are all too common, people seem to be just waiting for an excuse to explode and dump on others.

Questions, too, are suspect. All the time on these boards I read of people being "offended" about being asked anything from what you do for a living to why are you cruising alone (for us solos)?  Unless proved otherwise, I always just take these as attempts to establish a connection or create a conversation, not as being rude or nosy. (Occasionally, but not very often, I am proved wrong.....)

We seem to have lost the ability to "converse" -- instead of a conversational gambit, we view a different opinion as an attack on our own beliefs.  Many people are no longer willing to share a table with others at dinner, so afraid they will not be able to find common ground with others.

It's all a bit sad...

If it has a climbing wall or a waterslide, it's not a cruise ship IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

As someone who sails in regular verandas or sometimes mini suites I’m glad most everything on HAL remains open to all.

It’s annoying on Celebrity to have the forward sun decks off limits.

I couldn't ageee more! I will not sail on a ship that doesn't hav a forward sundeck for regular cruisers.

My tuxedo and Pinnacle dining days are quite over methinks; last year I came aboard wearing a sportcoat/slacks with only a carry-on. Had a GREAT 15-day Panama cruise lolling around the Pool with Beer by the Bucket and LidoCourt for $cheap$. That said, if HAL would have had a 1stClass area I would not have known.