Honduran currency in Roatan

yocrui5e

I collect small bits of foreign currency as souvenirs. I was wondering if anyone, with a similar hobby, had the experience of exchanging small amounts of US dollars in Roatan with Honduran lempira? Where would be the best place to do so and/or do the port shops offer the local currency as change? Thanks!

When I visit for weeks, I take US with me and I get change back in Lemerpia. 

I have no idea if there is Lemperia available within the port it seems unlikey unless it is sorta like pass port stamps. Then again, I would bet any of the staff have local in their wallet and would be willing to swicth. 

Had you planned to leave the port area? There was heaps of shops in the village of West End, that would be more than happy to take your  USD in exchnage for lemperia. Buy a beverage or someother small thing. 

Please note ~ the banks on the island for very picky about the USD they take which means everyone on the island is as well.. you want to take clean, no rips/tears, no marks on them bills. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Guest 2000 said:

When I visit for weeks, I take US with me and I get change back in Lemerpia. 

I have no idea if there is Lemperia available within the port it seems unlikey unless it is sorta like pass port stamps. Then again, I would bet any of the staff have local in their wallet and would be willing to swicth. 

Had you planned to leave the port area? There was heaps of shops in the village of West End, that would be more than happy to take your  USD in exchnage for lemperia. Buy a beverage or someother small thing. 

Please note ~ the banks on the island for very picky about the USD they take which means everyone on the island is as well.. you want to take clean, no rips/tears, no marks on them bills. 

Thanks, nice to know it is as simple as asking :) - it would be something else if they only used US dollars on that island!