All Access Tour?

We are cruising Ovation of the Seas in September. The All Access Tour sounds fascinating to me but the price is $158.99, which seems a little expensive. Does RCCL ever run sales on onboard activities? Wondering if they might run a Presidents’ Day Sale? 

Any thoughts, experience or advice if you have done the All Access Tour tour? 

Thanks! 

We did the Tour on Freedom a few years ago. I don’t remember how much it cost, but I know it was under $100 each. For us, anything over $100 would not have been worth it. For reference, we are nerds who love to understand how things work and love behind the scenes stuff. 

On 2/12/2023 at 7:47 PM, shof515 said:

the cruise planner shows it is about 2 hours long

Wow.  That's comparatively short.  

It was being offered at one time for our charter cruise (two weeks ago), but it was dropped at some point.   I'm kinda glad I didn't have the temptation.   (By comparison, it's around $100 on Carnival and lasts 3+ hours, and includes photos and swag.)  

On 2/12/2023 at 5:20 PM, My Next Trip said:

We are cruising Ovation of the Seas in September. The All Access Tour sounds fascinating to me but the price is $158.99, which seems a little expensive. Does RCCL ever run sales on onboard activities? Wondering if they might run a Presidents’ Day Sale? 

Any thoughts, experience or advice if you have done the All Access Tour tour? 

Thanks! 

If you've never done an all access tour, I think they're fun to do but $160 to tour the ship feels high. I'd much rather put that towards the Chef's Table dinner than tour the ship personally. If it was $99 or less that might be a bit more worth it especially if you have more than one person doing it. 

We did this tour on Adventure this past January and it was worth every penny. They only did two of these tours and each was limited to 12 people. So out of the 4,000 passengers onboard, we were 5 people of the 24 who got to do this tour. It was two hours but it was a busy two hours. We got to see everything from the laundry room to the engine control room all the way up to the bridge. I might not do this tour again but if you've never done it, it's worth it. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/12/2023 at 7:25 PM, Pellaz said:

Wow, that IS high compared to Carnival's.   Does it include any free photos (group or individual)?   Is it 3 or 4 hours?  

You get a lanyard and luggage tag - 

If you saw on Carnival it prob wont be much different. I did this once and will pass unless I take the kids/grandkids.

in may got this on oasis! access to everywhere on the ship! 🙂

i'm glad i did it but once you do it on oasis, i dont think id do any other royal ship. they are probably all similar. one thing that princess did better (at least in 2019) was the captain was on the bridge (not just the on duty officer on oasis who really didnt seem to interested in us) and we got to talk to him one on one for 1 hour and we also could go anywhere on the bridge, even the fancy dancy nav stuff! also was light drinks and snacks there.

on oasis we were roped off from the main electronics. also princess gave us tons of swag. group pics, and lots of little stuff that was neat, personalize stationary and i forget what else. it was 4 hours in total and even got to see where the anchor room was up front and other places royal doesnt go.

20230526_125341.jpg

On 7/24/2023 at 11:37 AM, Stick93 said:

You get a lanyard and luggage tag - 

If you saw on Carnival it prob wont be much different. I did this once and will pass unless I take the kids/grandkids.

I'm no fan of Rustbucket Cruise Lines (Carnival), in fact, I'll never cruise them again or any of their other brands.  However, I felt that their Fun Behind The Scenes, I think it was called, was much superior to what Royal's Behind the Scenes offers.  Here's why.  On Royal, the theater tour was just to stand on the stage and ask questions of a cast member. On Rustbucket, we actually went behind the stage and went into the so-called, dressing rooms and costume room.  On Rustbucket, we walked down I-95 and went into freezers and refrigerators.  On Royal, I don't remember being in/on I-95 at all.  No pictures on Royal, Rustbucket, at least two, one next to the ship's bell and one at the helm with the Captian.  On Rustbucet we saw the Brig.  Not on Royal.  On Rustbucket we went into the crew mess and other crew venues, not on Royal. On Rustbucket, we got gifts, some good gifts.  On Royal, we got nothing.  On Rustbucket we actually went into the engine room, a very short catwalk from one door to another, not just the control room.  I think I remember we also got a special meal on Rustbucket, not Royal.  

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I'm no fan of Rustbucket Cruise Lines (Carnival), in fact, I'll never cruise them again or any of their other brands.  However, I felt that their Fun Behind The Scenes, I think it was called, was much superior to what Royal's Behind the Scenes offers.  Here's why.  On Royal, the theater tour was just to stand on the stage and ask questions of a cast member. On Rustbucket, we actually went behind the stage and went into the so-called, dressing rooms and costume room.  On Rustbucket, we walked down I-95 and went into freezers and refrigerators.  On Royal, I don't remember being in/on I-95 at all.  No pictures on Royal, Rustbucket, at least two, one next to the ship's bell and one at the helm with the Captian.  On Rustbucet we saw the Brig.  Not on Royal.  On Rustbucket we went into the crew mess and other crew venues, not on Royal. On Rustbucket, we got gifts, some good gifts.  On Royal, we got nothing.  On Rustbucket we actually went into the engine room, a very short catwalk from one door to another, not just the control room.  I think I remember we also got a special meal on Rustbucket, not Royal.  

You are hilarious. - seriously. 

I didn’t do the tour on Carnival but on Royal I got to keep my phone - took pictures of everything. Went into the bridge, captain came in, took pictures with his cap on while sitting in the captains big chair,  walked I-95, went into medical, freezers, refrigerators, kitchen, engine room, garbage area. Don’t recall the entertainment areas, brig and didn’t get any food. 

I guess it all depends on their mood. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

in may got this on oasis! access to everywhere on the ship! 🙂

i'm glad i did it but once you do it on oasis, i dont think id do any other royal ship. they are probably all similar. one thing that princess did better (at least in 2019) was the captain was on the bridge (not just the on duty officer on oasis who really didnt seem to interested in us) and we got to talk to him one on one for 1 hour and we also could go anywhere on the bridge, even the fancy dancy nav stuff! also was light drinks and snacks there.

on oasis we were roped off from the main electronics. also princess gave us tons of swag. group pics, and lots of little stuff that was neat, personalize stationary and i forget what else. it was 4 hours in total and even got to see where the anchor room was up front and other places royal doesnt go.

20230526_125341.jpg

When and where did you purchase this. I am going on Oasis and cannot find this to purchase.

13 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I didn’t do the tour on Carnival but on Royal I got to keep my phone - took pictures of everything. Went into the bridge, captain came in, took pictures with his cap on while sitting in the captains big chair,  walked I-95, went into medical, freezers, refrigerators, kitchen, engine room, garbage area. Don’t recall the entertainment areas, brig and didn’t get any food. 

We did the tour on Allure last week. We did all of the above, as well as going backstage in the theater, seeing the cast dressing rooms, standing on the stage, seeing the sets up close. We also saw the crew mess from a distance. And we toured the laundry facilities in what they joked was the "submarine area" (so low that it was below the waterline).

• Like 1