Finally booked a cruise after the pandemic! Tips for a new (to me) ship!

14 minutes ago, cristaldubois said:

I am wondering if it's true that the dining experience isn't going to be good enough in MDR.  I hate to spend more money on food for our family when we used to enjoy the food on the ships (that was already included in the cost to sail). 

Food is VERY subjective.  Only you can decide.  And you really can't decide unless you try it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cristaldubois said:

I am so glad you asked this question!  We are finally booking, also, since pre-pandemic.  I am wondering if it's true that the dining experience isn't going to be good enough in MDR.  I hate to spend more money on food for our family when we used to enjoy the food on the ships (that was already included in the cost to sail). 

We cruised Allure last October with the UDP and Allure last January in the MDR.  Although we enjoyed the UDP a lot, the MDR was not bad.  If you have a night that doesn't sound good there are other free alternatives.  If I was just  getting back I would go MDR.   Maybe do a night or two of speciality restaurants.

• Like 1

Holy crap, it's actually a thing. (Yes, I have too much free time.)

What is a funeral cake?

The History Behind Texas Funeral Cake

Technically, funeral cake is a chocolate sheet cake with fudge icing and topped with crunchy pecans and big enough to feed a crowd. When brought to a funeral, though, its' true nature is revealed, as it transforms into a dessert that is pure Southern comfort, which is one thing that everyone needs at a funeral.
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Holy crap, it's actually a thing. (Yes, I have too much free time.)

What is a funeral cake?

The History Behind Texas Funeral Cake

Technically, funeral cake is a chocolate sheet cake with fudge icing and topped with crunchy pecans and big enough to feed a crowd. When brought to a funeral, though, its' true nature is revealed, as it transforms into a dessert that is pure Southern comfort, which is one thing that everyone needs at a funeral.

I just mentioned this to my DW.  She said that she has tried it and that it is really good!  It sounds good to me.

• Like 1