POS/NOS

Bobbiegentry

55 minutes ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Very interesting. 
The “alphabet soup” seems to translate correctly. 
I wonder why then, this other cruise we also have booked isn’t similarity designated?

410DC59F-F760-4D34-B668-ACE4DE40ACDE.thumb.jpeg.e217d8b0dc1621c3b38813aa2d17865b.jpeg

Well, they are a European company, so probably started close to home?  Wonder if this one will be a EW CAR to go with POS.

21 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

OP missed this existing thread about the same issue:

Not at all. The thread you quoted asked about POS. Not about NOR 

What I saw on the post was LOTS of speculation with no definitive answers.
There was even c-virus speculation woven into the thread.

I’m hoping for more than speculation. When I don’t know something, I seek enlightenment from those who know more than I.  

Edited by Bobbiegentry

1 hour ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Not at all. The thread you quoted asked about POS. Not about NOR 

I do not think there's a thread necessary for each of these area codes.

Because that's what it is - you can see for example "area=NOR" in your internet browser's adress line when searching for northern european cruises on the MSC webpage, so this is nothing else than a website glitch with area codes not being displayed correctly.

For example, this is the web adress to a search result for mediterranean cruises from msccruises.de (see "area=MED" in there):

https://www.msccruises.de/kreuzfahrt-angebote/kreuzfahrtangebote-familien?departureDateFrom=15%2F02%2F2023&departureDateTo=31%2F10%2F2023&passengers=2|0|0|0&area=MED%2CMEW

Edited by RudiRatlos

Just now, RudiRatlos said:

I do not think there's a thread necessary for each of these area codes.

Because that's what it is - you can see for example "area=NOR" in your internet browser's adress line when searching for northern european cruises on the MSC webpage, so this is nothing else than a website glitch with area codes not being displayed correctly.

For example, this is the web adress to a search result for mediterranean cruises from msccruises.de (see "area=MED" in there):

https://www.msccruises.de/kreuzfahrt-angebote/kreuzfahrtangebote-familien?departureDateFrom=15%2F02%2F2023&departureDateTo=31%2F10%2F2023&passengers=2|0|0|0&area=MED%2CMEW

Then you might consider contacting CC mods to combine threads. 
In the meantime seeking clarity is important to me as I have much cash tied up in these cruises and don’t want some unexpected change to bite me in the rear. That much cash may not be important to you but it is to me. 
You seem to understand the finer points of web addresses. I don’t. Your explanation and display of the inner workings of the web address is helpful and provides me the clarity which I was seeking. 
I appreciate it as do many others, I’m sure, who are not the web expert you are. 

It looks like that these designations are place holder for cruise destinations..

same as YC1 for Yacht Club Deluxe and SL1 Aurea are place holder for stateroom categories/experiences.

My bookings are now..

POS ~ Grand Voyage / Repositioning

EMW ~ Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Qatar

Cruise ships , embarking dates and itineraries are unchanged.. all good..