IMT is trying to tell you that the answer is not that simple. Each state regulates insurance meaning the coverage in the policy must comply with the home state requirements of each traveler. The effective date of the policy is also an issue if people are leaving home or returning on different days. Some policies limit the number of travelers. Each condition can eliminate an option for coverage.

Your situation is unique to your family. You need to discuss the details with a professional.

Edited by Babr
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Let me rephrase .  I would like to be the one to get the insurance for the family as I was the one who paid.

Is there a provider that can support this idea?

If little bobbie or Janie, falls and needs emergency surgery to stabilize, are you the one pciking up the bill before the hospital releases them to fly home?

What if spouse knucklehead rents a moped in Mexico and crashes into a mexican family?  Are you picking up the tab and then filing a claim?

Or, are you only concerned with getting your money back should someone has to cancel?

There's a lot more to travel insurance than just cancellation coverage.

From a personal standpoint, I hear you. You're spending some big cash to enjoy some family together and maybe there is some protection for you so you don't get stiffed before the trip. But, after the front door closes, I would have them do everything possible to help you protect them and yourself by buying individual travel insurance.

But, as stated, your issue is unique enough that it would help to call and speak with a broker like IMT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Babr said:

IMT is trying to tell you that the answer is not that simple. Each state regulates insurance meaning the coverage in the policy must comply with the home state requirements of each traveler. The effective date of the policy is also an issue if people are leaving home or returning on different days. Some policies limit the number of travelers. Each condition can eliminate an option for coverage.

Your situation is unique to your family. You need to discuss the details with a professional.

would be nice if IMT replied to my question (no offense)

8 hours ago, klfrodo said:

If little bobbie or Janie, falls and needs emergency surgery to stabilize, are you the one pciking up the bill before the hospital releases them to fly home?

What if spouse knucklehead rents a moped in Mexico and crashes into a mexican family?  Are you picking up the tab and then filing a claim?

Or, are you only concerned with getting your money back should someone has to cancel?

There's a lot more to travel insurance than just cancellation coverage.

From a personal standpoint, I hear you. You're spending some big cash to enjoy some family together and maybe there is some protection for you so you don't get stiffed before the trip. But, after the front door closes, I would have them do everything possible to help you protect them and yourself by buying individual travel insurance.

But, as stated, your issue is unique enough that it would help to call and speak with a broker like IMT.

Im not asking a very complicated question and thought the whole purpose of this thread was to get answers from IMT.  Of course I know I could call and talk to them myself (duh)

38 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Of course I know I could call and talk to them myself (duh)

You're a sweetheart aren't you.

You're very basic question involves a very complicated answer. Then again, you obviously know better. That's why you're asking.

I would recommend that you check Steve since you're not getting the response you want from IMT. Then again, I don't wish this headache on him.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 6:14 PM, klfrodo said:

You're a sweetheart aren't you.

You're very basic question involves a very complicated answer. Then again, you obviously know better. That's why you're asking.

I would recommend that you check Steve since you're not getting the response you want from IMT. Then again, I don't wish this headache on him.

I guess what I was trying to say that this is a thread to get answers from InsureMyTrip.  Thanks for the feedback but I posted this question for THEM to answer

Sure. That is what everyone expected, and several have expressed disappointment with the cut-and-paste answers that don’t address the actual question. 

Others who have responded were just trying to provide clarity. 

7 minutes ago, Babr said:

Sure. That is what everyone expected, and several have expressed disappointment with the cut-and-paste answers that don’t address the actual question. 

I concur that the actual value of InsureMyTrip feedback has been disappointing so I’m officially Unfollowing this thread.  Life is too short

7 minutes ago, Babr said:

I'm getting more and more confused about what the purpose of all of this online forum real estate is for, given IMT is pretty much MIA.

IF (and perhaps I'm wrong) they are "following" this (and I think I saw some place that they are) section, then they are getting some sort of "you've got mail" ding/notification 😉 that there's a post here.
So they should know.

And even without any notification, what is the point of them having this "Q&A"in the first place if they aren't going to monitor so they can "A"?  And "A" in a helpful fashion.

We were very much looking forward to following.  And we are, but there's nothing/no one to actually follow...

??? 🤔

GC

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 9:33 PM, GeezerCouple said:

I'm getting more and more confused about what the purpose of all of this online forum real estate is for, given IMT is pretty much MIA.

IF (and perhaps I'm wrong) they are "following" this (and I think I saw some place that they are) section, then they are getting some sort of "you've got mail" ding/notification 😉 that there's a post here.
So they should know.

And even without any notification, what is the point of them having this "Q&A"in the first place if they aren't going to monitor so they can "A"?  And "A" in a helpful fashion.

We were very much looking forward to following.  And we are, but there's nothing/no one to actually follow...

??? 🤔

GC

They could have used this opportunity to get business but based on their lack of interest here, I think I’m going to pursue GeoBlue insurance instead

5 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

They could have used this opportunity to get business but based on their lack of interest here, I think I’m going to pursue GeoBlue insurance instead

Yeah, there's not a chance I'd try to purchase something/anything from a company that is so disinterested at the "selling" phase that they can't answer questions accurately!

I still don't get it... this was a silver platter for advertising... ????

I'd suggest trying TripInsuranceStore.  I think they can sell you GeoBlue if that's what you want (no extra cost to travelers) or make some other comparisons if you are interested.

NOTE:  We have zero relationship with TIS other than being very satisified customers after learning about them here on CC almost 10 years ago.  The policies we've purchased from them have been paid (several claims, alas, including a few biggies) promptly.  And in one case, when I landed in hospital overseas and needed to rearrange the rest of the trip (or else head home), Steve helped me with whether our plans would be covered by the insurance (they were).

That's when the "service" aspect really matters!

As I mentioned, I really was looking forward to hearing from IMT, and we have... NOT!

GC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1