Upgrade from standard to Princess Plus onboard cost

motherofteenagers

I don't think this is possible once you are on board.  You're talking about a completely different fare class.  Now...it's probably possible to purchase what was once termed the Plus drink package once on board...but that's an add-on cost...not a fare change.

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't think this is possible once you are on board.  You're talking about a completely different fare class.  Now...it's probably possible to purchase what was once termed the Plus drink package once on board...but that's an add-on cost...not a fare change.

Effective 20Feb2023, passengers can upgrade to Plus on the first day of their trip as confirmed by Princess. 

See this discussion:

If I buy Princess Plus on the ship, is it slightly cheaper than before the cruise? - Page 3 - Princess Cruises - Cruise Critic Community

Starting Feb 20, you can upgrade first day on board.

It would seem insurance does not increase so cost is slightly lower.

Big question is, can you use OBC for the upgrade from Std to Plus.

Might be best to follow that discussion.

We are starting a B2B2B2B2B on the Discovery Princess tomorrow. The first three cruises we bought the Plus package. By the 3rd and 4th cruises we will have accumulated enough OBC to pay for the packages. Our behavior on the first three cruises will determine whether we do or not.

19 minutes ago, motherofteenagers said:

I just read the other thread. Thank you, I sail tomorrow, February 16th, I"m wondering if I will be able to purchase plus onboard. Or if this doesn't start until the 20th??

The option to purchase Plus on-board is not available until the 20th, so this will not be available on your sailing. 

38 minutes ago, billco said:

We are starting a B2B2B2B2B on the Discovery Princess tomorrow. The first three cruises we bought the Plus package. By the 3rd and 4th cruises we will have accumulated enough OBC to pay for the packages. Our behavior on the first three cruises will determine whether we do or not.

Please report back if it is $60 pp per day or if there are other added charges.