British passengers on Oceania treated differently

KetoCruiser

4 hours ago, Zebra Cruiser said:

Another disappointed Oceania cruiser.  I was lucky to receive the boiler plate reply with FCC (forget the fact that as a solo traveler I paid for two people), but the lack of open communication and differential treatment of guests is disconcerting.  Did you read the Cruise Passenger article that quoted a SPOKESMAN from Oceania stating the Regatta was on its way to Phillip Island, missing the previous 2 ports due to hull cleaning?? This was posted THE DAY BEFORE we were supposed to anchor at Kangaroo Island.  Oceania made an announcement to the public a day before they informed its passengers , who were waiting in the Regatta lounge to embark on tenders to the island.  This is not acceptable!  

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/queen-elizabeth-fourth-ship-to-fall-foul-of-new-zealands-environmental-laws/

No it’s not. 
When on our Amazon cruise, the company we booked a private tour with, emailed us all a day before we entered Manaus to arrange alternative times as we would be an hour or so late and doing tenders not docking! We did not hear from the ship until an hour before supposed docking  time. 
If we had been told ‘officially’ by the Captain the day before, it would have been alot easier on passengers  who had made private arrangements and those that weren’t physically able to do tenders. 

23 hours ago, KetoCruiser said:

Our TA has come back to us and is appalled at the treatment we have received. I think they are now on the case. so fingers crossed they will get a resolution.

Well done.

I will repeat the message that experienced Oceania customers have been trying to explain:

Oceania does not care about the individual passengers - similar to most large corporations. 
Your TA is your route to getting attention. Have your TA activate her Agency to contact a SVP (senior Vice President) and tell them to get on this and satisfy your complaint. You are 2 people whereas the travel agency represents the potential for many clients to cruise on Oceania. Use the power you have in utilizing a TA.

• Like 1

We were also on this cruise and are still waiting for any reaction from Oceania except confirmation of receipt of our mail. I have now contacted our TA about this so we will see if we get any further. 
Apart from total loss of power for about four hours one evening the lost ports and shortening one port visit it was an amazing cruise.

We have spoken to many first time Oceania cruisers who were adamant that this was their last with them. So many new customers lost due to a total lack of consideration but as I mentioned before as long as there are wait lists for their cruises they really don’t seem to care.

6 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I have now contacted our TA about this we will see if we get any further. 

That should have been your first  call

If you email or snail mail Oceania  expect  not much to happen for months

JMO