Voltage in Azamara cabins 110V accessible?

desertgrl74

I have always used the hairdryer in the cabin when cruising.  I haven't cruised since pre-Covid, and have acquired a new hair styling tool, a Hot air brush.  It is 125V.  Are the cabins 110V, or do I need an adapter or a converter?  Don't want to bring it if I cannot use it.  Doing BtoB on Journey and Quest in late summer.

46 minutes ago, desertgrl74 said:

I have always used the hairdryer in the cabin when cruising.  I haven't cruised since pre-Covid, and have acquired a new hair styling tool, a Hot air brush.  It is 125V.  Are the cabins 110V, or do I need an adapter or a converter?  Don't want to bring it if I cannot use it.  Doing BtoB on Journey and Quest in late summer.

There are US style-plugs with 110v by the desk in your cabin. Your new appliance should work just fine.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, desertgrl74 said:

I brought mine.  Used it with no issue.

6 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I think the cruise lines try very hard to allow most hair-styling appliances. A blanket ban would not be well-received, I fear!

Yes, the OP actually asked would the product work - we went down a temporary bypass debating was it even allowed, and now others are chiming in that there appliances worked.  My hot brush works, my GHDs would not work but my other cheaper brand does so its quite a hard one to answer.  

Interestingly the list has been updated as I used to be forbidden to bring a heating pad (small electric blanket!!) but that is no longer listed.  Heated curlers used to be on the no list and they are also no longer listed