I heard a rumor about being kicked off - is it true?

Wow - how verbally abusive does one have to get, to be thrown off a cruise ship.

How about -

%$#%$%^&(&*# !!!!! and another thing @#$%^&*&^%$*!!!!!!!!

wow...easy jerry...

the rating of the CC boards just went form 'all ages' to 'over 25' :p

BTW: the real story is they ate in the Windjammer every nite and didnt tip the dining room staff...

My couple cents' worth:

One of the young Russian men was on TV with his lawyer, who looked like you could lube your car with what would come out of his hair..:eek:

Anyway, he said his client was asked if he and his brother would let the others use his cabin to videotape a "sexual encounter", and the lawyer was sure we all knew this was consensual, everyone did it, yada yada. What a crock!

The young lady complained and all the people traveling with these men were put off the ship, with much yelling and bird flipping on the dock to the pax watching. Quite a show, from what was told.

Back to my guess about the 4 put off the ship recently:

Loud, abusive, obscene, insulting language to a staff member WILL get you put off the ship. It's in accordance with their policies.

My guess is if the newly booted group were discussing the George Smith incident, they were being obnoxious about it, asked to tone it down, got verbally abusive about it, and then it escalated to them being booted.

JMHO

Well considering I had many a discussion last week on the Brilliance about the honeymooners, and we even asked the staff which cabin was involved, and they didn't kick me off, I think it was safe to say they were kicked off because they tried to save deck chairs.

Sounds to me like the sister was fed a big line. If they did get kicked off, they must have done something more than talk (unless that talk was indeed threatening).

I can imagine what the truth may have been....something like, "Well sis, we got caught talking about the Smith case while snorting an 8-ball in the disco, and we got kicked off". :)

Tracy

We were just on the Legend of the Seas and at Platium/Diamond Crown and Anchor get together and were talking with the Hotel Director. He told us someone was put off the day before because of their behavior - don't know what that behavior was.

Additionally, we and another couple discussed the honeymoon incident and

ramifications for a good 30 minutes and were able to complete our cruise.

To get the full effect you need to read all the previous posts on this one.

What actually happened was, the twelve year old groom went to renew his soda card. While he was gone he asked his new bride to hold his drugs and watch his lounge chair. His new bride wanted to go swimming so she told the drugs to watch the lounge chairs.

Soooo....that's why they got kicked off. For holding lounge chairs. Make sense to you? It does to me.:D

chefdeedee: what are the ages of the four people who were taken off the ship?

I suspect that the real reason is that one of them is 12 years old, and the other three tried to take him/her into Portofino's.

HMMMPPHHHH. :eek:

On the Enchantment a few weeks ago, we left 3 people on key west that didn't return to the ship. Probably in a bar somewhere. Possible your bunco friend's sister did the same, and was too embarrassed to tell the whole story. I know I would be embarrassed if I couldn't make it to the ship in time. I often what happens to people like that...

We were on the Brilliance the cruise that Dr Lee and team where on the ship when we boarded. Believe me there was plenty of talk about the whole deal , even the Captain made the comment that we should get T-shirts that said I survived my cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas!

No one got kicked off for speaking about that situation.....

Funcruiser

All of you have great points - due to the sketchy story I have received from the passengers sister- the passengers were about 30 something.

I totally believe that there is MUCH more to the story. Personally, I have seen people "miss the boat" because they didn't get back in time. . . . I would be embarrassed too.

I have enjoyed reading this board - some of you are totally funny - Jeans in the dining room, diapers in the pool, and saving pool chairs - Very funny -I actually laughed out loud. . . .

thanks fellow cruisers

Did you try checking the roll call for that voyage? Maybe someone there knows something?

I WISH the crazy family on our Island Princess cruise was thrown off for their behavior. Princess had the nerve to tell me that they didn't do anything because basically they feared being sued by the family for discrimination. Whatever! But, I won't go into that - it is all over on the Princess boards.

i was a HAL ship when the nirvo virus was running strong. if you called the doctor they came and treated you but put you off at the next port. the only good news was they put you up in a hotel, got you back to the starting port and gave a full refund.

I heard at my local bunko meeting - that a group of passengers (4) were "kicked off" a RCCL ship just a month or so ago.

The key to all this is

"I heard" is nothing but a rumer

"a RCCL ship" note no name of a ship just a RCCL ship

"a month or so ago" no real date it happened

when ever one of more of these is present it is most likely a bunch of hogwash

We were just on the Legend of the Seas and at Platium/Diamond Crown and Anchor get together and were talking with the Hotel Director. He told us someone was put off the day before because of their behavior - don't know what that behavior was.

Additionally, we and another couple discussed the honeymoon incident and

ramifications for a good 30 minutes and were able to complete our cruise.

Hi,

Did you attend our Meet & Mingle? We thought we heard Captain Tor announce that everyone was back on the ship as we left, I think it was Belize, except for the ones evicted.

A woman did expose her breasts at the end of the Quest game.

We also discussed the honeymoon incident at our dining room table and no one from the staff said anything to us.

Sandy

We were on the Mariner a year or so ago when an entire family was put off the ship as their teens had totally trashed their cabin. The ship even made an unscheduled meet with a land based tender off the coast of Mexico to off load the passengers (announced on the PA system as a medical transfer).

Just imagine that you get kicked off the ship for being a jerk. What are you going to tell your friends - the truth (that you're a jerk), or make up some BS that makes the cruise line look bad.

Lou

I was on the Sovereign last December with my 80 y.o. mom. There were two families on our ship who were very obnoxious. Actually, it was the parents who were obnoxious. Their kids must have been at Adventure Ocean every night because the parents were in the bars getting drunk.

We enjoy karaoke, so we were in the karaoke bar each night. This group would show up and heckle every single singer. They were loud and very rude. Then, on the night of the Quest, they ended up at the table right behind us (and yes, my 80 y.o. mom LOVED the Quest). Anyway, one of the dads ended up getting in a fight right next to us. Security broke it up and sent him on his way.

After we left that bar, we unfortunately ran into this guy again. He was coming down a staircase behind a staff member, yelling at him. He was slamming on this poor worker because of his nationality. He was telling him that in America, REAL men have b***s and stand up for themselves. He used every four-lettter word in the book, repeatedly. I've never heard anything so lewd and my poor mom was really scared.

I wish they had kicked this guy off the ship, but they didn't. I saw him at the pool the next day. In fact, he was in line behind me for lemonade, and got rude with me because I wasn't moving fast enough for him.

Sorry for the long rambling post, which is slightly off-topic. I guess my point is that you would have to do something really bad to get kicked off a ship since they let this guy stick around.

We were on the Brilliance the cruise that Dr Lee and team where on the ship when we boarded. Believe me there was plenty of talk about the whole deal , even the Captain made the comment that we should get T-shirts that said I survived my cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas!

LOL!! And as for the lady who got kicked off for "assaulting" the girl, too bad the girl and her mom weren't put off too...they deserved it far more IMHO. I don't know what I would do if a young girl said that to me (or what my DH would do if some punk said it to him). :mad: Luckily I have never seen anything anywhere near that bad, just a rude woman on an elevator on Rhapsody (she pushed her way in even though it was full) and two rude men on Splendour making very loud anti-Christian comments while lounging on the sun deck (I just had to walk away from that - and yes, I left my towel & book on my chair!!). Most people seem to follow at least the BASICS of good behavior, though. Thank goodness.

I was on the Sovereign last December with my 80 y.o. mom. There were two families on our ship who were very obnoxious. Actually, it was the parents who were obnoxious. Their kids must have been at Adventure Ocean every night because the parents were in the bars getting drunk.

We enjoy karaoke, so we were in the karaoke bar each night. This group would show up and heckle every single singer. They were loud and very rude. Then, on the night of the Quest, they ended up at the table right behind us (and yes, my 80 y.o. mom LOVED the Quest). Anyway, one of the dads ended up getting in a fight right next to us. Security broke it up and sent him on his way.

After we left that bar, we unfortunately ran into this guy again. He was coming down a staircase behind a staff member, yelling at him. He was slamming on this poor worker because of his nationality. He was telling him that in America, REAL men have b***s and stand up for themselves. He used every four-lettter word in the book, repeatedly. I've never heard anything so lewd and my poor mom was really scared.

I wish they had kicked this guy off the ship, but they didn't. I saw him at the pool the next day. In fact, he was in line behind me for lemonade, and got rude with me because I wasn't moving fast enough for him.

Sorry for the long rambling post, which is slightly off-topic. I guess my point is that you would have to do something really bad to get kicked off a ship since they let this guy stick around.

It's too bad this guy wasn't turned in multiple times to the security staff. He WOULD have been put off the ship.

I have a rule (never had to use it, thankfully) that if I witness this kind of abuse, I will quietly either follow the person to find out what their cabin is (just casually be walking down the corridor behind them and keep going to my pretend cabin nearby), or I will follow and wait until they end up somewhere on the ship, and THEN call security and turn the person in anonymously. Yes, you have to be careful around people like this who have drinking and anger management problems, but it's doable. I consider it a public service, and these people ruin many, many people's cruises, some of which are one and only cruises, honeymoon's, etc.

RCCL will address these problems, but some ships are slower to act than others. Enough complaints and this guy would have been booted, especially after getting into a fight in a public area.

I'm not saying you should have gone to this much trouble, since you were with your elderly Mom.

Archived