Best bars in Old San Juan

drevil0208

We are in San Juan from 3:30-11pm on celebrity Apex in a couple of weeks. I already have seen mentioned La Factoria, El Battey, Cannon Club and The Mezzanine?

Any other suggestions? Particularly looking for happy hours, cool atmospheres and maybe live music!

thanks

We're staying in Old San Juan for two nights before a cruise on the Millennium next month and have also "bookmarked" the bars you mentioned.

If you like craft beer, whiskey and rum, La Taberna Lupulo is a neat spot. We've been there twice before during the day. I believe they have music several nights of the week.

El Quinqué De Douglas’ Pub has also caught our attention. We typically don't do shots but they have a funky-looking signature shot that looks like jellyfish that I might try even if only for the photo op! LOL! 

We're also planning to just stroll the streets and wander into whatever places inspire us!

Happy sailing! 🙂

Edited by BeachTunes
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, drevil0208 said:

We are in San Juan from 3:30-11pm on celebrity Apex in a couple of weeks. I already have seen mentioned La Factoria, El Battey, Cannon Club and The Mezzanine?

Any other suggestions? Particularly looking for happy hours, cool atmospheres and maybe live music!

thanks

The Mezzanine has a happy “hours” from 16.00 to 20.00 hours

Cocktails? Generous pours and variety.

Very nice Tapas and platters (reasonably priced), plus a great Rhum/Rum cabinet.

It has the style, essence and spirit of OSJ.  Not a modern style venue.

Link

https://www.facebook.com/themezzanine.oldsanjuan?paipv=0&eav=AfZcO87DoQ_jf9Rqz29bvX4ltoEqPk4T0dBxwWtFm8DmFYhUjOO0v_HbuNpXXmuovAo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"El Quinqué De Douglas’ Pub has also caught our attention."

Douglas Pub was one of our most favorite dive bars in San Juan.  Spent many nights in there. Touchtunes is available to play music.    Looks like they upgraded now and moved up to San Sebastian St..   I'll check it out next visit. Fancier place now.

La Factoria is a top 50 world bar.   Several bars within the bar, but probably pretty quiet until later at night. La Cubanita is the last bar connected to it and has great drinks too.    Lots of fun places to hit in the 2 blocks around that area on San Sabastian St. 

Brickhaus is a psuedo sports bar.     Decent wings

There are many bars all over OSJ.    You should just wander around and see what you find.

Edited by Clubber
  • Like 2