Info on Nordfjordeid? Shore excursions from there?

Turtles06

We recently received notice from HAL that our scheduled port call to Bergen on July 20, 2023 has been replaced by a call to Nordfjordeid, from 7am-2pm.  (Fortunately, we're on a 21-day cruise that is still scheduled to stop in Bergen earlier in the cruise, so we haven't lost that port entirely.)

I've done a search in this forum for Nordfjordeid, and come up with some limited information, mostly a link to the port's web site, which describes some limited things one can do in this small town itself.

www.portofnordfjordeid.no 

If anyone has more information about Nordfjordeid (including whether to stay in town and see the Sagastad Viking heritage center, which sounds interesting), or suggestions for shore excursions, I'd appreciate them.  The port's web site says the following re shorex, but I'm not sure with our limited time in this port whether any of these is realistic.  (We do have a port call to Geiranger, so no need for that.)

"From Nordfjordeid you reach all the popular Nordfjord-excursions such as Briksdal glacier, Loen Skylift, Nordfjord Panorama and Geiranger. In addition you will have access to interesting excursions, walking or hiking to viewpoints near Nordfjordeid, RIB or kayaking in the fjord or at Hornindal Lake, or excursions to the coast of Nordfjord in Stad and Selje with amazing scenery, surf beaches and viewpoints."

https://portofnordfjordeid.no/the-port/

In any event, all info and advice welcome!  Thanks!

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

As you say you have a limited time in port. Im not sure what excursions are available for that time, but in my opinion the two best choices would be Loen Skylift (a bit weather depandant)

or to just stay in port with a visit on the Sagastad museum. 

If the ship arranges a excursion to Selja Monestary I would concider that, but there might not be enough time. 

You can also check you excursions on www.fjordex.no

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/19/2023 at 10:45 AM, Turtles06 said:

We recently received notice from HAL that our scheduled port call to Bergen on July 20, 2023 has been replaced by a call to Nordfjordeid, from 7am-2pm.  (Fortunately, we're on a 21-day cruise that is still scheduled to stop in Bergen earlier in the cruise, so we haven't lost that port entirely.)

I've done a search in this forum for Nordfjordeid, and come up with some limited information, mostly a link to the port's web site, which describes some limited things one can do in this small town itself.

www.portofnordfjordeid.no 

If anyone has more information about Nordfjordeid (including whether to stay in town and see the Sagastad Viking heritage center, which sounds interesting), or suggestions for shore excursions, I'd appreciate them.  The port's web site says the following re shorex, but I'm not sure with our limited time in this port whether any of these is realistic.  (We do have a port call to Geiranger, so no need for that.)

"From Nordfjordeid you reach all the popular Nordfjord-excursions such as Briksdal glacier, Loen Skylift, Nordfjord Panorama and Geiranger. In addition you will have access to interesting excursions, walking or hiking to viewpoints near Nordfjordeid, RIB or kayaking in the fjord or at Hornindal Lake, or excursions to the coast of Nordfjord in Stad and Selje with amazing scenery, surf beaches and viewpoints."

https://portofnordfjordeid.no/the-port/

In any event, all info and advice welcome!  Thanks!

Did you ever go to Nordfjordeid? What did you end up doing there?