Anybody on Noordam now that can comment on impact of Cyclone Gabrielle on New Zealand?

Torquer

On the Noordam.  They are still giving out surgical (not the N95s) upon request.  There were some of the regular surgical ones in the cabin at embarkation, and you can get more at Guest Services or from cabin attendant.  They seem to only provide N or KN 95s in very rare instances. As mentioned above, one of our group has tested positive and moved to a separate cabin. Her spouse has been tested daily and has been provided with the 95 masks by the medical team, but is free to be out and about with the 95 masks.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

On the Noordam.  They are still giving out surgical (not the N95s) upon request.  There were some of the regular surgical ones in the cabin at embarkation, and you can get more at Guest Services or from cabin attendant.  They seem to only provide N or KN 95s in very rare instances. As mentioned above, one of our group has tested positive and moved to a separate cabin. Her spouse has been tested daily and has been provided with the 95 masks by the medical team, but is free to be out and about with the 95 masks.

Thanks very much.  Appreciate this info as I now need to buy some N95.  Glad you are enjoying the Noordam!

On 2/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, Torquer said:

Thanks for your update on Noordam.  I'm glad you will be able to go to Wellington, since that is a scheduled port on the next Noordam cruise.  Does it still look like you are going to Tauranga since that is also on the next cruse?  Please give us a quick update over the next couple days and let us if anything else changes. 

We are visiting Tautanga tomorrow. The Noordam is scheduled to arrive at 6:45 am, with all aboard at 10:00 pm, so a very long day in port. Weather is supposed to be in the mid-70’s (F) and very nice.  I have a lot of activities scheduled and am really looking forward to a full day.

Today was Orange day, and it seemed like more than half the passengers were wearing something bright Orange.  By the way, this evening’s main entertainment was Hyperion Knight - absolutely outstanding.  I’ve enjoyed all of the shows I’ve attended, but Hyperion Knight is the best.  If he is on your cruise, don’t miss him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

We are visiting Tautanga tomorrow. The Noordam is scheduled to arrive at 6:45 am, with all aboard at 10:00 pm, so a very long day in port. Weather is supposed to be in the mid-70’s (F) and very nice.  I have a lot of activities scheduled and am really looking forward to a full day.

Today was Orange day, and it seemed like more than half the passengers were wearing something bright Orange.  By the way, this evening’s main entertainment was Hyperion Knight - absolutely outstanding.  I’ve enjoyed all of the shows I’ve attended, but Hyperion Knight is the best.  If he is on your cruise, don’t miss him.

Thanks for the update.

This afternoon I  could see all activities in my Navigator app but they've now disappeared again 😕 Anyway,  it included Hyperion Knight. Apparently he was on the Zuiderdam's current world cruise and they raved about him too.

As an aside, in my Navigator it no longer lists Napier but a sea day but no official word from HAL (shore excursions still on sale ... 🙄)

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 9:24 PM, boeckli said:

Thanks for the update.

This afternoon I  could see all activities in my Navigator app but they've now disappeared again 😕 Anyway,  it included Hyperion Knight. Apparently he was on the Zuiderdam's current world cruise and they raved about him too.

As an aside, in my Navigator it no longer lists Napier but a sea day but no official word from HAL (shore excursions still on sale ... 🙄)

Weather yesterday in Rotorua was only so-so. OK in the morning, off the ship before 8am, but rained most of the afternoon and evening.  Not back on board until almost 10 pm.  Even with the rain, it was a great outing.

Today is scenic cruising - not warm, but no rain.  Hyperion Knight conducted a great Music Trivia this morning.  If it is repeated on your cruise, don’t miss it as it was the very best.

Tomorrow I’d disembarkation😥

• Like 1

Hello @NancyDrew1953!  I read all your books back in elementary school!  😁

Thank you for keeping us all up to date on the NZ weather and cruise happenings. I will be going back to New Zealand as soon as I am able.  I love it there!

Have a smooth trip home.

~Nancy (lived by Lake Erie in Berea Ohio a long time ago)

6 hours ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

Weather yesterday in Rotorua was only so-so. OK in the morning, off the ship before 8am, but rained most of the afternoon and evening.  Not back on board until almost 10 pm.  Even with the rain, it was a great outing.

Today is scenic cruising - not warm, but no rain.  Hyperion Knight conducted a great Music Trivia this morning.  If it is repeated on your cruise, don’t miss it as it was the very best.

Tomorrow I’d disembarkation😥

Tears for you and big smiles for all of us :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for the update.

Arrived in Auckland late this afternoon and it's very wet , hopefully improving tomorrow :classic_wink:

On 2/24/2023 at 5:16 PM, NancyDrew1953 said:

Hyperion Knight conducted a great Music Trivia this morning.  If it is repeated on your cruise, don’t miss it as it was the very best.

Hyperion Knight in concert last night and I've just come from his trivia session on the World Stage - lots of fun. Standing ovations at the end of both. Looking forward to a second concert of his in a few days.

Thanks again @NancyDrew1953 for your infos. Hope you've travelled home safely.

We did skip Napier and are today spending at sea instead (grey and rainy out there)