Family member sick/dying?

23 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Probably nothing. Travel insurance only covers unexpected events. With MIL in hospice means that her passing is a known event and will happen within the next 6 months at a minimum.

Except that the 6 month minimum is not true. I currently have 7 hospice patients,  three of whom have been under hospice care for more than 1.5 yrs. My own mother was under hospice care for 3 yrs before she passed last year at age 95yrs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, klfrodo said:

My apologies to the OP.

This is not the time or place to discuss the difference between Palliative Care and Hospice Care.

Please accept our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you. My MIL has been in hospice for almost 1 year, and the medical staff gives no timeline. We are happy she is comfortable but we also know that her time with us is limited. I appreciate your prayers. ❤️ 

22 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Except that the 6 month minimum is not true. I currently have 7 hospice patients,  three of whom have been under hospice care for more than 1.5 yrs. My own mother was under hospice care for 3 yrs before she passed last year at age 95yrs.

Thank you for taking care of your patients. You have my utmost respect and admiration! I hope the family of your patients tell you that every day - we certainly do for the staff that takes care of my MIL. My MIL has been in hospice for almost a year now and we have no idea how long she'll be with us. 

• Like 1