Celebrity Cruise Pricing

High on the Seas

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

Have you Emailed your displeasure to Celebrity's CEO? 

I have not at this point but I think It is a good idea. I actually want to visit future cruise vacations on the ship and gather some additional information on the price increases first.  I have emailed her in the past but only received a phone call from one of the executive team members. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, OysterD said:

People can complain and say they're done with Celebrity because they've raised their prices but good luck finding something comparable elsewhere who still has 2019 prices! 

Not looking for 2019 prices, that's unreasonable.  But considering the price for a CS on Apex's TA in April 2024 is now well more than 150% more than it was in 2019 on Silhouette's April TA..... that's ALSO unreasonable.  Or the 2019 price for a Royal Suite on a 13 night Silhouette TA at $5899 per person and now priced at $18106 per person for the 2024 13 night April TA...... not reasonable either.

We love cruising, we also have been lucky enough to enjoy a CS and on a rare occasion an RS but these prices are crazy......  we'll see what the future brings. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We are on the Apex TA in April and expect it will be our last Celebrity cruise unless something drastic happens with pricing.  We have loved the product in the past but it is just becoming prohibitive price wise.  The same is true for most other lines, so we, like others are looking at different vacation options.   

I hope things will improve in time but really don't expect a reversal of this trend in the foreseeable future.

Gracie - pricing regardless of line is significantly up on most itineraries.   Europe, Alaska and TAs showing strong prices and ships at capacity - sometimes proportionately more passengers than crew.  Then many Caribbean and Pacific cruises are dropping in price as the lines try to fill cabins.

Same as others have said with airlines.  Less flights scheduled.  Fares have gone crazy.  From AMS to Arizona fare 2 years ago was $500 arriving in AZ same day as departure.  Booked LY in June for $800.  Today is over $1600 - with an overnight in the US.

For next year should be interesting to see if bookings stay firm.  Do know I bought 400 shares of RCL for the shareholder OBC and it has almost doubled.  So can't complain too much.

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Not looking for 2019 prices, that's unreasonable.  But considering the price for a CS on Apex's TA in April 2024 is now well more than 150% more than it was in 2019 on Silhouette's April TA..... that's ALSO unreasonable.  Or the 2019 price for a Royal Suite on a 13 night Silhouette TA at $5899 per person and now priced at $18106 per person for the 2024 13 night April TA...... not reasonable either.

That seemed rather dear so just checked and the 2024 westbound TA on Silhouette is $10,200 per person in a Royal Suite, so not that unreasonable compared to what you quoted. And if people are paying that then Celebrity obviously have the pricing right. 

2 minutes ago, OysterD said:

That seemed rather dear so just checked and the 2024 westbound TA on Silhouette is $10,200 per person in a Royal Suite, so not that unreasonable compared to what you quoted. And if people are paying that then Celebrity obviously have the pricing right. 

I quoted the east bound TA in 2024. A comparison to this years at $8977 pp…. A year later at $18106 pp….and 2 days shorter…. 

Hey if X can get it more power to them…. But I’m not biting at that price…

18 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I quoted the east bound TA in 2024. A comparison to this years at $8977 pp…. A year later at $18106 pp….and 2 days shorter…. 

Hey if X can get it more power to them…. But I’m not biting at that price…

My bad, typo. I quoted the eastbound in April 2024. It's 10k per person not 18k. Although the westbound in November is the same price. Not sure where your 18k is coming from?

12 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

The ships are too small for me I would be bored after the first day. Plus they are not cheap.

What $10.00 and people are still crying about this. 10X$10.00 = $100.00 if you are short 100 bucks use your free OBC.

I have noticed the cruises I like cut back the number of nights along with increased prices.

For example, 2023 Apex Trans Atlantic is 15 nights 2024 is 13 nights plus the price is higher.

My Celebrity Suite 2023 TA is $14,000.00 but 2024 is priced at $24,000.00 for two fewer nights. So I overpaid for a Sky Suite but could take an Ocean View for a lot less. They have lots of unsold suites for 2024 so at least I could book one that I liked.

Feel better about yourself?  Point is, I bought one thing and they changed it after final payment..... that's all.  Can I afford it, sure, should I have to? no.  But I'm so happy you let us all know how much you were spending..... So impressed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OysterD said:

My bad, typo. I quoted the eastbound in April 2024. It's 10k per person not 18k. Although the westbound in November is the same price. Not sure where your 18k is coming from?

Just checked the Celebrity site, I normally look elsewhere first, and the east bound Apex TA in 2024 has a Royal Suite at $17,127 per person, so, yes, about $1000 less than what I first stated...but still, crazy expensive.

RE: Poster who said YAGE (Yet Another Grand Exit):

Yes, it was a rude comment, but I think the point is: Those of us who read these boards regularly don't really want to hear from totally disgruntled cruisers who say "I'll never sail XYZ Cruise Line again!"

We're all willing to read constructive, critical* comments, but leave off the "grand exit" chest-thumping.

* Look up the dictionary definition: It does not necessarily mean NEGATIVE comments (e.g., critical thinking)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Or the 2019 price for a Royal Suite on a 13 night Silhouette TA at $5899 per person and now priced at $18106 per person for the 2024 13 night April TA...... not reasonable either.

40 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Just checked the Celebrity site, I normally look elsewhere first, and the east bound Apex TA in 2024 has a Royal Suite at $17,127 per person, so, yes, about $1000 less than what I first stated...but still, crazy expensive.

That explains the discrepancy! You had originally said those prices were for the TA on the Silhouette, not the Apex. The Silhouettte TA in a RS is 7k per person cheaper. 

8 hours ago, OysterD said:

That explains the discrepancy! You had originally said those prices were for the TA on the Silhouette, not the Apex. The Silhouettte TA in a RS is 7k per person cheaper. 

I see, I was comparing the 2019 Silhouette TA that we were on (Apex was not yet in service) to the Apex sailings now.  

I hadn't looked at Silhouette's prices in 2024, nice to hear they are less but still crazy expensive.

9 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

Feel better about yourself?  Point is, I bought one thing and they changed it after final payment..... that's all.  Can I afford it, sure, should I have to? no.  But I'm so happy you let us all know how much you were spending..... So impressed. 

Really...most of us were showing prices old vs. new and that's all I was posting. Some of you will 

be posting for months to come to the room service charges I wanted to point out it is petty.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Last year we stayed at the Four points in FLL before the Apex TA for $175 CAD , this year it is $600 CAD 😱 for a night 

Just FYI, hotel prices down here are absolutely bonkers post-covid.  We enjoy staycations fairly often...we won't even bother during season these days.  That said, we are experiencing one of the busiest tourist seasons I have ever seen in my 50ish years of living in South Florida.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I just checked the pricing for the few remaining balcony cabins for our late May sailing on the Equinox to the ABCs. The same category cabin as we booked months ago for $4000CAD for the two of us, same perqs etc, is now asking $CAD9200.

😱😱😱

34 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I just checked the pricing for the few remaining balcony cabins for our late May sailing on the Equinox to the ABCs. The same category cabin as we booked months ago for $4000CAD for the two of us, same perqs etc, is now asking $CAD9200.

Can't blame them, if people are willing to pay those prices for one of the last 4 AQ cabins then fair enough I say. That sailing is almost completely sold out. Suites, inside and ocean view have no availability, AQ has 4 cabins, concierge has 3 left and then about 15 veranda cabins with maybe another 30 obstructed view cabins on deck 6. 

In every day life, prices are insane for almost everything compared to just even 1 or 2 years ago.  Highest inflation in the US and most of the world in over 40 years.  High energy prices.  High food prices.  High prices for transportation of goods.  I know we all experience this.  But we expect cruise prices to be the same as 2019?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

In every day life, prices are insane for almost everything compared to just even 1 or 2 years ago.  Highest inflation in the US and most of the world in over 40 years.  High energy prices.  High food prices.  High prices for transportation of goods.  I know we all experience this.  But we expect cruise prices to be the same as 2019?

I don’t make any decision strictly on the cost, it’s based on my perceived value of what I’m getting. That’s why I paid over $3,000 for a tv Black Friday 2021. One of the best buys ever ever.

Back to the subject. I didn’t think there was enough value in 2019 to cruise, and what I’ve read things aren’t any better now, so even if the price stayed the same, it would still be a no go.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Next month I'm on Millennium sailing out of San Juan. There's nothing comparable in 2024, but in 2025, Summit sails from there, which as you know is the same class ship and both are revolutionized.

To compare to my current March 2023 booking, I chose the same week in March 2025, same stateroom category, right down to the same cabin #. The fare is higher by 108%.

To answer your question, no, I don't expect cruise prices to be the same as 2019. But I would ask you, do you think more than double is appropriate?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Gracie - pricing regardless of line is significantly up on most itineraries.   Europe, Alaska and TAs showing strong prices and ships at capacity - sometimes proportionately more passengers than crew.  Then many Caribbean and Pacific cruises are dropping in price as the lines try to fill cabins.

Same as others have said with airlines.  Less flights scheduled.  Fares have gone crazy.  From AMS to Arizona fare 2 years ago was $500 arriving in AZ same day as departure.  Booked LY in June for $800.  Today is over $1600 - with an overnight in the US.

For next year should be interesting to see if bookings stay firm.  Do know I bought 400 shares of RCL for the shareholder OBC and it has almost doubled.  So can't complain too much.

All well and good. However, if you're going to raise prices 150%+ AND cut back quality to non-premium levels, it won't sustain itself.  There'll still be people who pay it, but they'll be many more who'll take that money elsewhere. That's a balancing act I wouldn't want to be responsible for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1