Pirate's LIVE Celebration Review...February 26-March 5, 2023

pirate4me2

We have been lazy today, sorry everyone. Chris was doing schoolwork all afternoon, and I may or may not have went onto the balcony and fell asleep on the lounger. I woke up when the sun finally started to bake me.

Tonight is elegant night #2, we will be dining at the steakhouse at 8. I should probably start to get ready, so we can go hit Alchemy up for a few beverages. 

• Like 3

Dinner…our 8:00 reservation last 2 hours, I felt bad we were there so late! The baby spinach salad was great, and the risotto (Chris: “is that oatmeal? Where was oatmeal on the menu?”) was good. The filet mignon cooked medium was ok, but a little tough and not much flavor. Mac & cheese was yummy, and cheescake was ok. Overall it was a good meal, but not the best steakhouse experience we have had on CCL ships. 

F1AB9E27-D3DA-4281-84BD-D84C95F040D3.jpeg

DB36FC8C-50EC-4BCC-95FC-44F21F026ED5.jpeg

5CC535BE-7A5C-4D6F-A9D4-BB5139DBF57F.jpeg

E80D0956-FD3A-486D-8BCF-FBB2690EA26F.jpeg

50916D09-702E-4317-AE84-33AFFBCCB352.jpeg

384256C4-86ED-4704-9B92-F557E9DFA17F.jpeg

• Like 6

Headed to Sea Day Brunch and to get go

go juice. The coffee line on deck 6 is looooooong, but they do make the best coffee on the ship (at least this cruise). Brunch is under a 10 minute wait, that suprised me! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Did ya mush that roasted garlic all over that steak?

Yummy

image.png.6331ea514fb0816c5f6d488147354563.png

I love garlic. Truth be told, I eat one to two “pods” of raw garlic a day to help with some health stuff. I sometimes wonder if I smell like garlic when I sweat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Before I forget to mention it…Fun Squad member Gabby appears to be getting groomed to maybe be a future CD. She’s hosted Deal Or No Deal and a few other events, and I gotta say…I think she will be good! She’s got energy and seems really nice. 

• Like 2

Alright, this may be controversial, BUT…I wish they didn’t allow young kids into Loft 19. Havana doesn’t allow kids under 12, Serenity is adults only…I feel like Loft 19 is almost an extension of Serenity, but we just had 2 pre teen girls splashing all around in the “warm tub” and trying to “snorkel” with their swim goggles on, making it hard to

relax and enjoy. Chris and I both agreed it just kinda ruined the relaxing vibe up there. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, pirate4me2 said:

Alright, this may be controversial, BUT…I wish they didn’t allow young kids into Loft 19. Havana doesn’t allow kids under 12, Serenity is adults only…I feel like Loft 19 is almost an extension of Serenity, but we just had 2 pre teen girls splashing all around in the “warm tub” and trying to “snorkel” with their swim goggles on, making it hard to

relax and enjoy. Chris and I both agreed it just kinda ruined the relaxing vibe up there. 

Not controversial at all. Since Loft 19 is not restricted to adults only, they're perfectly entitled to be there and having some fun.  You and Chris may want to reconsider the locations where you're going to enjoy that relaxing vibe you're seeking.

You were in your room pretty early.  My DH just watched some guy on you tube and said boarding changed order so it was wedding, diamond, platinum, suite, ffs and then general.  I remember that order years ago but then it was the timeframe with the A01 etc.  Just wondered what your experience was?  Always exciting to get on but we don’t feel the need to be on first anymore.

4 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Not controversial at all. Since Loft 19 is not restricted to adults only, they're perfectly entitled to be there and having some fun.  You and Chris may want to reconsider the locations where you're going to enjoy that relaxing vibe you're seeking.

We did reconsider, but I can see how those paying $1700+ for a cabana and access for a week may not appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, TOMMYCRUISER said:

They definitely need more adults only areas way to many out of control kids. NCL has 2 great adults only locations

I think next time you and Beth book NCL we may want to check it out. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

You were in your room pretty early.  My DH just watched some guy on you tube and said boarding changed order so it was wedding, diamond, platinum, suite, ffs and then general.  I remember that order years ago but then it was the timeframe with the A01 etc.  Just wondered what your experience was?  Always exciting to get on but we don’t feel the need to be on first anymore.

Our room was ready upon boarding, part of the suite perk. 

Dinner is delicious, and they are ON IT. Very fast service. 
So, funny part for y’all…I ordered sopa as my starter…I’ve had a few drinks, so I read it as sope, which back home is a tortilla topped with all sorts of deliciousness. This appeared in front of me and I’m like, “what the…?” It’s yummy tho!!

4BB5922E-BB83-48F7-AB5F-EB8FEAA22BBF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2