Marella update on covid status

This is so frustrating. I can’t understand why they are still requiring two initial vaccines for children as well as adults. From what I’ve heard pretty much all other cruise companies have dropped this requirement. Has anyone heard any more about if Marella are going to do the same? Really wish I hadn’t booked a cruise with them now. 

We just returned from PO Arvia and although we had all documents ie.insurance, Barbados immigration form and Covid proof we were not asked for any of them. Nor anyone else I spoke to.

We managed to book this after Marella cancelled cruise 3 weeks ago.

8 hours ago, Cliffholl55 said:

We just returned from PO Arvia and although we had all documents ie.insurance, Barbados immigration form and Covid proof we were not asked for any of them. Nor anyone else I spoke to.

We managed to book this after Marella cancelled cruise 3 weeks ago.

I had the same on MSC in November last and P&O in January, Madness!!

Even last August when we checked in at Southampton for a Cunard cruise there was no more than a cursory glance at ANY of our documents at pre check in and check in itself. I think a lot are just dotting the I's and crossing the T's and seen to be being vigilant and continuing to be proactive re covid. A Pr exercise for the worried well??? 

When we went to tenerife last December from Birmingham there was as aTUI rep at the self service bag drop checking the required documentation for cruise passengers, Also at Tenerife port the procedure was …. Watch the safety video get documentation checked and they gave us a paper sticker with the word ..checked ..printed on it and then we could proceed to the check in desks to register bank cards and then board.

5 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Marella posted the updates yesterday so last week is irrelevant. 

Harsh RR.

It looked like a couple of posts were saying that checks on vax status were not being carried out and therefore perhaps giving a false sense of security.

If you turn up at the port and you are refused boarding  it buggers it up for the whole party.

3 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Harsh RR.

It looked like a couple of posts were saying that checks on vax status were not being carried out and therefore perhaps giving a false sense of security.

If you turn up at the port and you are refused boarding  it buggers it up for the whole party.

Harsh it maybe. But when a post then advises that a Booster is no longer needed, and OP post that they were still checking for Boosters. Sends out a mixed message of? Do we or don't we need a  booster. I was only trying to help everyone and not to give out mixed messages. 😇

4 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Harsh it maybe. But when a post then advises that a Booster is no longer needed, and OP post that they were still checking for Boosters. Sends out a mixed message of? Do we or don't we need a  booster. I was only trying to help everyone and not to give out mixed messages. 😇

Hi RR.

August 2023med posted this earlier in this thread……

This is so frustrating. I can’t understand why they are still requiring two initial vaccines for children as well as adults. From what I’ve heard pretty much all other cruise companies have dropped this requirement. Has anyone heard any more about if Marella are going to do the same? Really wish I hadn’t booked a cruise with them now. 

It looks like a couple of posts after this were alluding that only scant checks were taking place.

hence my view regarding false sense of security.

Your input on this forum is always appreciated .

Keep well.😉