small swiss army knife

Scotico

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't even know what I would need it for? Do you feel the need to MacGyver the cabin?

MacGyver - Rotten Tomatoes

LEGO IDEAS - MacGyver: Attack On Pete's Cabin

I also always have a letterman type multi tool in my bathroom bag.  Never a problem in years of travel. 

you just never know when you may need something.  It’s about being prepared.  Not being without.  Lolol.   Boyscout mentality.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

I also always have a letterman type multi tool in my bathroom bag.  Never a problem in years of travel. 

you just never know when you may need something.  It’s about being prepared.  Not being without.  Lolol.   Boyscout mentality.  

Either tell your cabin attendant if you have a problem where a tool is needed, if they can't handle it he/she will call housekeeping and get  maintenance to your cabin to take care of it.

8 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

It took 23 posts before someone "weaponized" a handy tool to have that can solve multiple problems. For those of us that use them, they sure come in handy when they're needed. For those of us that see them as a weapon, they'll never understand.

If you are referring to me, really far from what I'm saying. I'm just saying it's not necessary to bring on a cruise. Maintenance really can handle ANY problem you may have to need any of those tools.

Don't really think you need to carry that on a cruise ship to have a rewarding successful fun cruise.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

While we all know of people or we have personally gotten away with prohibited items being brought on board an RCCL ship, it doesn't take away from the rule(s). Just because you or someone you know got away with breaking the rules, doesn't mean it's okay for someone else to do the same.  I don't see the need, in my opinion, to post YOUR own experience or one of others that contradicts the policy/rule is giving someone the possibility of "false hope" and future frustration(s).  I believe (that means it's my opinion) it is doing the less informed people a better service by just providing the fact(s), not information of what someone got away with.  

BTW, scissors less than 4 inches are not prohibited.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

48 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Either tell your cabin attendant if you have a problem where a tool is needed, if they can't handle it he/she will call housekeeping and get  maintenance to your cabin to take care of it.

I never mentioned anything about needing one in my cabin.   
I travel all different ways. Just got home from 32 days of travel and 29 days at sea.   I could have needed it for a multitude of different reasons.  And have in the past.   But not on this trip. 
Eye glasses,sun glasses. Open something up with a knife. Fix camera/video gear. To name a few things 

• Like 1

Sure, you can call maintenance to tighten a couple of cabinet doors or take 45 seconds and get 'er done.

I'm more inclined to use my time wisely and just get 'er done instead of spending way more than 45 seconds making a call to Guest Services. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sobro said:

Sure, you can call maintenance to tighten a couple of cabinet doors or take 45 seconds and get 'er done.

I'm more inclined to use my time wisely and just get 'er done instead of spending way more than 45 seconds making a call to Guest Services. 

We'll give you a call then. 😂

On 2/23/2023 at 9:17 PM, Desert Diamond said:

I have a Swiss Army knife that is always packed in my toiletries kit with my checked luggage. It's never been a problem on any cruises. Can you put yours in your checked luggage?

I believe some of these people are a little closer to their Swiss Army Knife then you, it can't leave their person. When it's not on them they feel like they have lost their control over the current situation. Like they are being locked in a corner and there is no escaping. 😟

Some of them even carry a brown lunch bag with them incase they start to hyperventilate if the knife becomes out of sight.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1