Itinerary for full day?

GWAE

We will have 1 full day/overnight in Bermuda. We haven't been able to settle on any excursions as it seems most of them are water related and it will be a little colder in April. So in lieu of doing an excursion we are thinking about getting an all day bus pass and just taking the bus to St George, see the sights up there and then on the way back hit a few random stops along the way. So a few questions.

1. from the dock yard is the easiest way to get to St George to take the ferry to Hamilton and then get a bus from there? 

2. I have been all over the internet but does anyone know of a site that would essentially put together a bus itinerary like this?

3. Has anyone done this and did you think it was worth it?

thank you

11 hours ago, GWAE said:

1. from the dock yard is the easiest way to get to St George to take the ferry to Hamilton and then get a bus from there? 

No-- the easiest way to St Georges is the ferry from the Dockyard. Going by road will take about an hour direct and much longer on a bus making stops-- each way. If you are on NCL they run a complimentary ferry to St George's. 

11 hours ago, GWAE said:

To me it sounds like a long day on a public bus. If the ferry is available I would take that to St Georges and then possibly look for a Blue Flag taxi tour to take me back. The Blue Flag drivers are specially licensed to give tours of the island and they last 3-4 hours. You could then have them finish the tour in Hamilton, enjoy the town a bit, and then take the ferry back to the Dockyard. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 9:35 PM, GWAE said:

We will have 1 full day/overnight in Bermuda. We haven't been able to settle on any excursions as it seems most of them are water related and it will be a little colder in April. So in lieu of doing an excursion we are thinking about getting an all day bus pass and just taking the bus to St George, see the sights up there and then on the way back hit a few random stops along the way. So a few questions.

2. I have been all over the internet but does anyone know of a site that would essentially put together a bus itinerary like this?

thank you

Pre covid19 the ferry service ran daily to and from cruise port to St. George. Recently we went for 1 day on RCL and ferry service not running. So we took a van to horsehoe beach. NCL I remember had a ferry right there. 
We have been there multiple times for a 2 and 1/2 days we would just walk to snorkel park beach day 1. Second day up early to ferry service to st George and walking over hill to tobacco bay beach 🏖 for excellent snorkeling 🤿 from shore. Easy place to snorkel. Very shallow and calm.

Last day van right off ship to horse shoe beach.  
Buy snorkeling gear and use it. Ours is 30 years old and still using it. 
Bermuda perfume factory is on the way over hill from st George to tobacco bay beach.

Snorkel park is a short walk from cruise ship and decent if you don’t have much time on land. Even evening parties on weekends nights.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:35 PM, GWAE said:

thank you

Since you are on NCL ( I sa your dates on youe Scuba question) your best bet would be the free ferry to St. Goerge that NCL runs from the Dockyard for it's passneger. I could give you a bus itinerary from Hamitlton but I don't think you need it. 

On 2/23/2023 at 8:58 AM, cementhands said:

Pre covid19 the ferry service ran daily to and from cruise port to St. George. Recently we went for 1 day on RCL and ferry service not running. So we took a van to horsehoe beach. NCL I remember had a ferry right there. 

Pre Covid the public ferry to St. George's never ran daily. It only ran weekdays. It did not run on the weekend. Also there was no service in the winter. The summer ferry service to St. George has run appox May through October weekdays only but  last summer not every weekday. Plus the service was suspended for weeks while they repaired the ferry dock in St.George's. So the day you were there recently with no service falls under one of the above. Sometime in April the summer schedule will be released for 2023. 

• 2 weeks later...

Take the ferry to St George.

Then take the bus to Crystal Caves.

After touring the cave, walk to Swizzle Inn for rum swizzles and conch fritters.

Take the bus to the aquarium.

After that, take the bus to Hamilton.

Either walk around in Hamilton and then take the ferry back, or just take the ferry back.

It's a long day, but you're doing everything ala carte so the cost is very reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1