Upgrade

Zanny

Hi Thoughts on just been upgraded so they call it on Pacific Explorer  from Deck 6 to deck 10. But problem is cabin 10001 is at very front if ship and my husband is prone to sea sickness.  What can we do. He has sent email but not sure if they read them. It never stated no reply. Wanting any thoughts or has anyone had this cabin before

Thanks

If the up-grade is simply location and not in the type of cabin (e.g. oceanview to balcony), then I don't think this is a good upgrade. Not only would the cabin be subject to more movement in the event of heavy seas, it would be a very long walk to get anywhere on the ship. If you are concerned about the suggested up-grade, I suggest you phone P&O. Don't wait for an answer to an email. Best of luck.

40 minutes ago, Zanny said:

Hi Thoughts on just been upgraded so they call it on Pacific Explorer  from Deck 6 to deck 10. But problem is cabin 10001 is at very front if ship and my husband is prone to sea sickness.  What can we do. He has sent email but not sure if they read them. It never stated no reply. Wanting any thoughts or has anyone had this cabin before

Thanks

If you booked direct with p&o give them a call and see if you can change to something else in that category 

maybe next time if you like your cabin location get who you booked with to mark the booking do not upgrade but it’s only a request otherwise it could happen again if you leave yourself open to an upgrade 

12 hours ago, rkmw said:

If you booked direct with p&o give them a call and see if you can change to something else in that category 

maybe next time if you like your cabin location get who you booked with to mark the booking do not upgrade but it’s only a request otherwise it could happen again if you leave yourself open to an upgrade 

That is great advice. 

Not all upgrades are really genuine upgrades, and generally for P&O and others, often just moves you a couple of decks with a coin toss for the location. If you pick a cabin for a specific reason, check the No Upgrade box, or request it with your booking. Great that you got a better result with your request yesterday, but that doesn't often happen.