And what about future cruise deposits while onboard--are they refundable--or not?

SLSD

3 hours ago, Isklaar said:

Thank you for the update. Ours expires in December. There is no possibility for us to take a cruise together before then so I will contact our TA to request an extension, or if that's not possible, a refund. 

I'm willing to bet they will be happy to give you an extension.  That's what we have decided to do.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dunnedg said:

When we sailed in October 22, we were not contacted to ask if we wanted to make a FFD. They always did in the past but as they didn’t speak/contact us this time we didn't bother. We actually forgot all about it. Whilst we are cruising again in November 23 I suspect we have already been offered a special deal via the TA so wouldn't be eligible.

BUT, you could use a FCD for an additional cruise.  You would have several years to use it.  We have used them before.  Usually, there was a card placed on our suite door reminding us that it was an option.  

On our previous cruises there was a form in the suite to complete and drop off if we wanted to make a payment. Nothing in our suit in October. If we had never cruised with Seabourn before how we have known of the opportunity?

38 minutes ago, SLSD said:

BUT, you could use a FCD for an additional cruise.  You would have several years to use it.  We have used them before.  Usually, there was a card placed on our suite door reminding us that it was an option.

Yes I know. We have done so in the past.

29 minutes ago, Dunnedg said:

Yes I know. We have done so in the past.

Interesting that there was no card sent to your suite.  Perhaps it was an oversight.  The FCD definitely works for both SB and its passengers.  

I started this thread because  I received what I thought was a strange message on either the app or my account on the SB website saying I had to use the FCD by June or lose it.  I think it may have been a combination of poorly written text along with poorly trained staff on the telephone.  I was not alarmed as we had in our files the receipt which said what we understood we had signed up for.  My update just provided the message we received by email as a response to our written and mailed letter.  

Good to hear this was quickly clarified.

I too do all the trip planning, organisation and phone calls to Seabourn and am primary contact - Basil turns up on the required date. We each have different email addresses with Seabourn as part of the registration process as the system can’t handle the same email x 2. Yet every itinerary change, account update, vax notice, boarding time notification goes to him solely.

Happy International Women’s Day! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BasandSyb said:

Good to hear this was quickly clarified.

I too do all the trip planning, organisation and phone calls to Seabourn and am primary contact - Basil turns up on the required date. We each have different email addresses with Seabourn as part of the registration process as the system can’t handle the same email x 2. Yet every itinerary change, account update, vax notice, boarding time notification goes to him solely.

Happy International Women’s Day! 

It is SO frustrating, not to mention insulting that emails always go to my husband. I have to hope that he notices them and forwards them on to me.   Mr. SLSD is like Basil.  He just wants to turn up on the required date.  The sad thing is that NEITHER ONE of  us enjoy trip planning, but if we are ever going to go anywhere, I have to make it happen.  He loves it once we are there.     

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Techno is exactly the same as Mr SLSD and Mr Bas with regards to just rocking up at the airport but has a nasty habit of deleting emails he perceives to be junk without reading them 😱

Edited by Techno123
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Mr Techno is exactly the same as Mr SLSD and Mr Bas with regards to just rocking up at the airport but has a nasty habit of deleting emails he perceives to be junk without reading them 😱

I find myself being very envious of couples where the husband delights in trip planning.  Our first cruise, many years ago now, was with such a couple.  The husband planned every private tour, every restaurant and hotel.  It was seamless and wonderful. One can dream.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I find myself being very envious of couples where the husband delights in trip planning.  Our first cruise, many years ago now, was with such a couple.  The husband planned every private tour, every restaurant and hotel.  It was seamless and wonderful. One can dream.  

I plan all our holidays and details, of course I discuss with my wife before I book. Its probably because I am an Accountant so stuck behind a screen most of the time, whereas my wife is a hairdresser so not able to look at screens or hold on to phone calls during the day.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SLSD said:

Ditto!  I do it all!  I don't actually mind because it heightens the anticipation for me.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have it all planned by someone else!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mauzac said:

Ditto!  I do it all!  I don't actually mind because it heightens the anticipation for me.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have it all planned by someone else!

Same for me. I ask for input but I enjoy the research and planning.

• Like 3

Here's another update on our pre-pandemic FCD which would have expired in June.  (If you read my original post for this thread you will see that I was told on my SB app that it would be forfeited if not used--was told the same by telephone.  Then--we sent a letter). 

Above, I posted  an update to say that we received an email stating that SB could extend our FCD for one year.  We emailed back, accepting that offer. 

Today, my husband received a phone call from SB, saying that they had accidentally initiated a refund of our FCD, even though we had asked for an extension. Evidently, our letter was sent to two different offices and opposite actions were taken.   I was not on this call.  SB offered to resell us the FCD--and Mr. SLSD agreed to this.  So NOW, we have another 4 year FCD.  

We will be checking to make sure our original FCD was indeed refunded.  The woman on the phone from SB was very nice and apologetic, but evidently the office is struggling a bit and getting their wires crossed.   

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 2

@SLSD Well, kudos to them for (a) realizing they had made the error, (b) reaching out to you about it, and (c) offering you a resolution which was what you had been promised and wanted. (Well actually better than what you would have had, since you will now have four years instead of one to use the FCD*.) For all the complaints we see on this board about problems with "the home office" — including your original problem with the FCD — it's nice to see when they get things right!

(*Just check it once it's issued to confirm that it has a four year expiration as you expect, or if they made it expire in one year.) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@SLSD Well, kudos to them for (a) realizing they had made the error, (b) reaching out to you about it, and (c) offering you a resolution which was what you had been promised and wanted. (Well actually better than what you would have had, since you will now have four years instead of one to use the FCD*.) For all the complaints we see on this board about problems with "the home office" — including your original problem with the FCD — it's nice to see when they get things right!

(*Just check it once it's issued to confirm that it has a four year expiration as you expect, or if they made it expire in one year.) 

We will be checking on both the mistaken refund and the length of the new FCD.  But yes, they caught the error, reached out and corrected it.