Status says I am Sea-Blazer and get buy bar tab with $125 bonus. How?

garycarla

As title says, I should be able to buy bar tab, but do not see where/how.

An extra $125 for every pre-paid Bar Tab purchase

You’ll automatically receive $125 for every $300 pre-paid Bar Tab purchase anytime you set sail with us.

If you have a cruise booked there should be a link when you are logged into the website or app to buy bar tab. It won’t show the right bonus before purchase, just the standard $50 but it should be correct after purchase. 

Or you can call them to purchase.  

• Like 1

Just now, garycarla said:

Now I am really confused.  My "badges" says I am Sea-Blazer.  Just looked at friends account that has never booked, and never sailed and their account says the same thing?????

Are you sure their badge isn’t greyed-out?

If you sailed in 2021 then you should have the badge, for others it might appear greyed out. 

9 minutes ago, garycarla said:

hmmm... sort of greyed out like all the badges.

but it lets me click on it.  Maybe just letting me know what is possible someday?

I did sail in 2021 and my Sea Blazer badges is purple and clearly obtained. 
Other badges haven’t launched yet so all shows greyed out. 

The only way to be a sea blazer is to have sailed in 2021.  If that applies to you, the $125 should show up automatically when you purchase the $300 bar tab.  Same, if you are a sea rover (at least 2 cruises in 2022, I think this may have extended to March 2023, gets you a $100 bonus with $300 purchase for 2 years.  My dashboard shows all "badges" gray, even those I am entitled to.

I wonder...

Have booked two cruises and have sent in our proofs of our status with Celebrity, Elite Plus and according to the confirming email they say that the Sea Rover status (whatever that means..) is added to our accounts.

But the badge says Sea Blazer and are gray.

Have spent 1,5 h on the chat where they just say the Rover status IS added and don't listen to what I say. It's annoying to say the least....

If you have the status thru the status match (which is what you are describing), you should see "Deep Blue Extras" on the website tab for any cruises prior to March 31.  The program is scheduled to end on that date, but has already been extended once.  For cruises after 3/31/23, you will see nothing because the status was awarded by them, not earned by cruising twice in 2022.  No one knows what will happen with the loyalty program as of 4/1.

To see the add ons, go to virginvoyages.com, click on "My account." (little down carrot next to the person icon). Select the appropriate upcoming cruise and click "Manage my voyage."  Go to the far right tab "my voyage" and then to "Add ons."  You should see any loot.  If the date of your cruise(s) is prior to 3/31, you should see "Deep Blue Extras."

• 5 months later...

You are not a sea blazer unless you sailed in 2021, regardless of the badges that show up. Those are another quirk of the IT system.  You won't get the $125 or the other blazer perks because it is right in the booking system....and don't believe your TA if they try to tell you otherwise.  The badges are often wrong; not a clue why they are still up there.  But good luck trying.