Lei day in Oahu

Moon Orchid

Hello,I heard about Lei day on May 1 of this year. We'll be in Oahu couple days before our cruise. I understand there will be lots of activities going on at Kapi''olani Regional Park. Is it worth it to cancel our rental car and beach day for Lei Day? Thank you.

54 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

I've been going to Hawaii for decades and staying for sometimes several months at a time and this is honestly the first I've ever heard of Lei Day. I had to look it up. 

With all due respect, we somehow thought everyone knew about Don Blanding; Missionary dresses; Mu'umu'us; Aloha shirts and Aloha Fridays, etc.  

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I've been going to Hawaii for decades and staying for sometimes several months at a time and this is honestly the first I've ever heard of Lei Day. I had to look it up. 

I heard about it from our Facebook group. People are planning to go there before the cruise on Ovation.

15 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

With all due respect, we somehow thought everyone knew about Don Blanding; Missionary dresses; Mu'umu'us; Aloha shirts and Aloha Fridays, etc.  

Well versed in Aloha shirts. With all due respect, I also neglected to remember that Monday was Presidents Day so at least it's even handed. 

On 2/22/2023 at 4:33 PM, Moon Orchid said:

Hello,I heard about Lei day on May 1 of this year. We'll be in Oahu couple days before our cruise. I understand there will be lots of activities going on at Kapi''olani Regional Park. Is it worth it to cancel our rental car and beach day for Lei Day? Thank you.

Yes, you have no idea how huge Lei Day is in Hawaii.

• Thanks 1