NLC Joy Panama Canal - LA to Miami 2/24/23

Sailing12Away

Still on the bus. They stopped letting people inside pier 93, so tons of people standing in the rain not moving. Too crowded in there to let more in until they bus them over to the circus tent.

So no point letting us off the bus when we can't go anywhere. I thought the complaints about this terminal were exaggerated.... They're not.

Trying not to complain too much since we're still dry. But this is madness. Doubt we'll be able to leave on time tonight.

My fellow bus mates are comparing snacks in our carry on bags to ration food 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sailing12Away said:

Still on the bus. They stopped letting people inside pier 93, so tons of people standing in the rain not moving. Too crowded in there to let more in until they bus them over to the circus tent.

So no point letting us off the bus when we can't go anywhere. I thought the complaints about this terminal were exaggerated.... They're not.

Trying not to complain too much since we're still dry. But this is madness. Doubt we'll be able to leave on time tonight.

NCL Needs to send a server over with drinks! Damn, I could have gotten you some beers to carry onto the bus.

19 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

At least you’re on the bus staying dry.  
I was hoping it wasn’t gonna be so bad.    But.    

• Like 1

A couple weeks ago, even with our ship docked at 92/93 beside the primary terminal building, there was a line of people outside that was about 1/4 mile long waiting to get into the terminal building. We were among the first on board around 11:45 and watched the line grow until about 2:30 or so before it shortened back up.  NCL should drop LA until the city upgrades the port facilities. 

• Like 2

Oh dear, look at those faces ... got a feeling everyone standing there could use a cold beverage, whether it's a beer, soda, bottled water, glass of wine, or a Pina Colada.  

It's a port operations issue that NCL will cite and failure way "beyond their control" 

• Like 1

Finally made it into the ship around 3:30. Rushed to eat at American diner, not in an even bigger cluster F for in person muster. We're at LA Cucina, standing room only.

I'm more upset by the Haven bartenders not being the ones I thought they would be. But I'm 4 glasses of amaretto on the rocks deep within the hour, belly is full of spicy grits, so it's getting better...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Finally made it into the ship around 3:30. Rushed to eat at American diner, not in an even bigger cluster F for in person muster. We're at LA Cucina, standing room only.

I'm more upset by the Haven bartenders not being the ones I thought they would be. But I'm 4 glasses of amaretto on the rocks deep within the hour, belly is full of spicy grits, so it's getting better...

I'm so glad you had drinks on the boat!!! YAY YOU MADE IT!! And, you've confirmed what I was hoping. You're the best ever. Seriously! Now kick that ship's arse and enjoy yourself over these next couple weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

A couple weeks ago, even with our ship docked at 92/93 beside the primary terminal building, there was a line of people outside that was about 1/4 mile long waiting to get into the terminal building. We were among the first on board around 11:45 and watched the line grow until about 2:30 or so before it shortened back up.  NCL should drop LA until the city upgrades the port facilities. 

I am not sure you can blame it all on the port, although I totally agree that it needs major upgrading! We sail out of there quite a bit on the new Discovery Princess which holds 3660+. We never had an issue boarding or disembarking.