CPAP/Outlets/Infinity

Bruin Steve

I've done a lot of cruises since I've started using a CPAP...and have found every ship a little different...

Recently, on Navigator of the Seas, there were no outlets anywhere near the back of the bed...so I had to request an extension cord...and string it all along the walls, clear around the cabin.

On Celebrity Apex--a brand new ship--we were in a Sky Suite and they had an outlet right at at the nightstand.  Why can't all ships be designed like this?

On one of the older Celebrity ships--it may have been Millennium, but I don't recall with any certainty, we found the lamp on the nightstand plugged into a Euro outlet right behind the bed...which worked well since I have an adapter that turns a Euro outlet into two outlets--one Euro, one US...So I could unplug the lamp, insert the adapter and then plug in both the lamp and the CPAP.

Now, this April, I will be on Infinity for a Tranatlantic.  Before I call Celebrity to request an extension cord, the question is whether or not there are any usable outlets for a CPAP in a standard balcony cabin on Infinity...

Anyone know?  Thanks...

It still depends on the ship.    I have been on both revolutionized M-Class and revolutionized.  

Solstice no plug near the bed - but there is a 220 plug for the Lamps.

Summit (Revolutionized) at least in a Sky Suit they had a 110 beneath each end table next to bed in addition to the 220.

You can either call and request an extension cord or just ask your room attendant and he will get one for you.

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

I've done a lot of cruises since I've started using a CPAP...and have found every ship a little different...

Recently, on Navigator of the Seas, there were no outlets anywhere near the back of the bed...so I had to request an extension cord...and string it all along the walls, clear around the cabin.

On Celebrity Apex--a brand new ship--we were in a Sky Suite and they had an outlet right at at the nightstand.  Why can't all ships be designed like this?

On one of the older Celebrity ships--it may have been Millennium, but I don't recall with any certainty, we found the lamp on the nightstand plugged into a Euro outlet right behind the bed...which worked well since I have an adapter that turns a Euro outlet into two outlets--one Euro, one US...So I could unplug the lamp, insert the adapter and then plug in both the lamp and the CPAP.

Now, this April, I will be on Infinity for a Tranatlantic.  Before I call Celebrity to request an extension cord, the question is whether or not there are any usable outlets for a CPAP in a standard balcony cabin on Infinity...

Anyone know?  Thanks...

We were on Constellation a few months ago.  The only unused outlets are at the desk.  However it is possible to unplug the nightstand light as you suggested and as you surmised it is a Euro-style outlet.

I think on Infinity, there are Euro outlets near the fridge and American outlets on the desk.  You can call, but you could also email them special_needs@celebrity.com to request extension cord and distill water.   My guess is that even with confirmed call or email, you won't find extension cord already connected when you got to the room.   You will still have to tell your room steward to set it up when you got there, but at least you tried.   I think most of the older (not refreshed) ships do not have outlet near the bed.   

22 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

very clever

My wife is the clever one. She took some of the spare magnet hooks and started attaching them to the ceiling while I was more like, "hey, what are you doin'"? 

• Like 1

It depends a lot on the ship. They should be able to provide you an extension cord but it is irritating to have running across the room. On my recent Constellation sailing they gave me an EU adapter and unplugged a bed lamp. Worked fine as a solo traveler, but would be very annoying if traveling with someone (or heaven forbid you both need a CPAP and need to give up  both bedside lamps). 

4 minutes ago, zgscl said:

...but would be very annoying if traveling with someone (or heaven forbid you both need a CPAP and need to give up  both bedside lamps). 

I travel with a couple of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

61Ac2AbWfqL._AC_SL1176_.jpg

It allows me to plug the adapter into a euro outlet, then plug the lamp pack in to the adapter...and my CPAP into the other adapter outlet.  Buy two and use both lamp outlets without giving up either lamp!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

I travel with a couple of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

61Ac2AbWfqL._AC_SL1176_.jpg

It allows me to plug the adapter into a euro outlet, then plug the lamp pack in to the adapter...and my CPAP into the other adapter outlet.  Buy two and use both lamp outlets without giving up either lamp!

Love this idea!!