How far in advance to book excursions and drink packages?

I don't think there is a hard, consistent, answer. Ports will just show up one day. On top of that, new excursions for any port can be added at any time.

I've had ports have zero excursions listed until just 2-3 months out.

• Like 1

I've been watching mine.   In precisely a year, I'll be on the cruise.  I hope to book stuff as soon as they become available since this inflation will only get worse.  At first there was one excursion at one port, and then an after-the-cruise excursion was added.   Nothing else.  I added a note to my outlook calendar for every few weeks to check.  

my excursions started showing up on the site about 90 days out.  Some were sold out quickly. About a month later there were one or two new ones for each port. Cocoa Cay seemed to stay the same.  Watch for entertainment, it's 30 days before and books up fast. The chef table and ship lunch/tour books up as well, if those are of interest to you. 

22 hours ago, DISNEYMAMA18 said:

I booked a cruise for July 2024.  I am able to book excursions for one of the 3 ports, but nothing else?  How far in advance does the reservation window open?

Yeah, you are way too early. I have a cruise booked for October 2023, and they released a bunch of excursions last week. 

It totally depends.  If you don’t see a lot of excursions it may pay to wait unless there is something in particular you want.  Alaska for this coming July opened up in time for Black Friday.  Now the excursions are much higher so I’m glad we booked when we did.  But I too have one in October that very little is out for.  I booked one thing at full price because I’m sure it will sell out.  But I’m waiting for more to show up for the other ports of call. The less traveled ports take longer to show up I’ve found.  Royal is probably still negotiating some of those.