Sunset Veranda, anyone?

Sigyn

Had a family veranda on Connie and loved it - it was quiet, spacious, great view. I think you made a good decision, especially for Alaska where you really want to be outside a lot. It'll give you a wide field of view with plenty of space and some cover if it's raining. Good call!

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 9:29 AM, hmorrow said:

we love aft balconies, on any ship!

I was on one in October on the Equinox. It was the middle balcony on deck 10 and wider than the rest.  Unfortunately sailed solo so didn't really need all that extra space but was nice just the same. 

On 2/24/2023 at 6:45 AM, njsmom said:

I just had the opportunity to switch my regular veranda cabin on the Millennium to a Sunset Veranda when I noticed one come open, so I grabbed it. Good decision or not? No idea. We're doing an Alaskan cruise in July and it cost me an extra $176 pp to do the switch. Seemed worth it to me for the bigger balcony and gorgeous views we'll see from the aft of the ship. I looked and it appears there are only nine Sunset Verandas on the Millennium. There are a few other aft balconies but they are bigger and hold five passengers and have a sliding partition. Has anyone here stayed in a Sunset Veranda on an M-class ship? I watched videos and they look pretty awesome. 

100% YES

We did SV on Edge in 2021...LOVED IT

Am I happy in a non-SV cabin. Yes.

But LOVED LOVED LOVED our SV!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

Good to know!!!! It seemed worth the small splurge. 

We were lucky in 2021 as cruising was just starting up, they were the same price as IVs.

We sailed in an IV on Apex & I enjoyed it but I really do love the SV, but boy have those prices gone up.

BE SURE to put a towel on your chair before sitting; SV's tend to get soot on the cushions.

• Like 1