Guaranteed Stateroom

spcl4cs_gal

If I were to book a cabin designated a GTY cabin and was offered an upgrade to another location on the ship that I didn't care for, would I have to take the upgrade or could I just stay with the original GTY cabin?

I especially like aft cabins and wouldn't want to get moved up to a forward cabin, even on an upgrade.

If you booked a GTY, how do you know you will have an AFT? If you book a certain room(stated said AFT), you could have your TA mark no upgrades. Just recently someone on the board booked a particular room 10 months ago, and recently discovered he had been "upgraded". This was not to his liking, and he fought hard to get it reversed.

Now, as far as a GTY booking. I am aware of someone who booked a GTY, and once the cabin was selected for her, she was able to get it changed. I am not sure how frequently this is likely.

If you prefer a set cabin, I think you are better off booking that particular cabin. However, I do understand your dilemna because as a solo cruiser typically the best rates are guarantee.

Marie

Maam,

A GTY is the Cruise Lines Trump Card.. they are really asking you and bidding Two Clubs.

Selction of your Stateroom and/or area also does depend upon the size, location, port, capacity, vacaancy rates, time of year, holiday...etc..etc...etc...

Variable factors are a constant.

We just booked two Staterooms on a GTY and on Holland Americas so called UpGrade program (View and Veranda Sale) a Seven Catagory UpGrade which was nice but now Two weeks prior as well last week the pricing is ALOT lower and the T/A I have been on the LandLine with ..but I do think it will be just LipService... she says she is talking to HA Mgmt ... It sure must be a LongGGG LandLine call.....:eek:

So in this instance A GTY would hhave been much better if I waited to Book and Pay In Full till nearer to leaving on this Voyage...

The Staterooms we have are fairly nice in Location on the Rotterdam Deck...but it must be my Dutch and Scottish heritage that makes me want to save the High Fares Paid....

You saw the others which have paid for Staterooms and been moved without approval too... the Cruise Lines are able to do that too.. see another variable....:eek:

This GTY is your choice paying a Lower Fare than now in a cost basis or Hopefully selecting your Stateroom and keeping it....

Well Maam whatever your choice is may you have a wonderful voyage on Holland American a Carnival Cruise Line Company now...

Archived