Platinum latitudes and Teppanyaki

Mom2B&Z

On 2/25/2023 at 9:48 PM, mking8288 said:

Teppanyaki used to serve a small plate of salted Edamame beans, nice to nibble on before they bring out the miso soup and salad - we missed having them,  Last time on the Joy, the individual serving size was probably worth about 25 cents or 50 cents at most based on retail price, less when they bulk ordered from wholesale distributors.  

If most folks didn't noticed another subtle change, NCL isn't going to bring them back, if at all.  

We had them on the Dawn earlier this month.

If we have two Sapphire people in the one room, do we receive 2 cards (for 4 Specialty dining) or one (for 2 Specialty dining) now? In the past we have all received one each per Platinum and above person sailing.

Have all ships changed over to the use the vouchers in any specialty restaurant? I am specifically interested in the Gem. When we cruised last year it was still the two choices and that is still on their website. 

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, oz61 said:

If we have two Sapphire people in the one room, do we receive 2 cards (for 4 Specialty dining) or one (for 2 Specialty dining) now? In the past we have all received one each per Platinum and above person sailing.

Have all ships changed over to the use the vouchers in any specialty restaurant? I am specifically interested in the Gem. When we cruised last year it was still the two choices and that is still on their website. 

Thanks!

Only 1 card (2 meals per person)!

1 hour ago, oz61 said:

It has been many years since that was the case. I can't even remember how long ago they changed it to "per cabin". Although technically it is not per cabin, because if you have 3 or more Platinum(+) guests in the same cabin, you get extra vouchers (sometimes just for one person). But I only know about this second-hand.

27 minutes ago, hawkeyetlse said:

It has been many years since that was the case. I can't even remember how long ago they changed it to "per cabin". Although technically it is not per cabin, because if you have 3 or more Platinum(+) guests in the same cabin, you get extra vouchers (sometimes just for one person). But I only know about this second-hand.

Solo guests can't claim 2 meals. Can't dine in same restaurant twice. Only 2 people per room.

NCL Lat benefit #6.jpg

We did an NCL cruise just prior to Covid (Jan 2020) and three of us received a dinner for two card each and the same the year before.

Does anyone know if the Gem has changed to any two specialty restaurants, as last July on the Epic it was the traditional choice even though other ships were reporting the any two specialty restaurants?

5 minutes ago, oz61 said:

Does anyone know if the Gem has changed to any two specialty restaurants,

Yes, we were on the Gem for 23 nights in Jan/Feb., and it's any two.   I believe this policy is now fleet-wide.

(Moderno was awful, btw, but I know some folks enjoy it.  Cagneys was the best; we ate there four times.  Fabulous service.)

Edited by Turtles06

14 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, we were on the Gem for 23 nights in Jan/Feb., and it's any two.   I believe this policy is now fleet-wide.

See *30 above. Any specialty restaurant. The quote is from the explanation of NCL Latitude Rewards Benefit Overview.

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I canceled my meal for Teppananki.  The banging of the utensils and yelling was just too loud for me.  Not worth having a migraine over that would ruin my while night.  

Who was yelling?

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

The cooks yell/sing/whatever throughout the entire meal. If my husband didn't love the hibachi experience I'm not so sure I would go. 

I've heard the sing/whatever, but never anything approaching "yelling."  On my last visit, the cook's singing was actually very good.  Dinner and two shows?😎

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 4:52 PM, alwalaska said:

Just got home on Sunday and concur with the others.  The other thing we learned (luckily before our first meal), at Cagneys, if you use your dinner plan from free at sea you get the following:

1. One appetizer
  2. One salad OR Soup
  3. One Entree 
  4. Two Sides
  5. Dessert

But, to reward you for your loyalty to NCL you get the following (Said with plenty of sarcasm):

1. A single item from the appetizer, salad, and soup categories
  2. One Entree
  3. One Side
  4. Dessert

We used our free at sea dinner at Cagneys and our platinum meals at Moderno and Teppanyaki. 

Thanks

On 3/7/2023 at 12:50 PM, oz61 said:

We did an NCL cruise just prior to Covid (Jan 2020) and three of us received a dinner for two card each and the same the year before.

Nothing has changed. You get two vouchers per cabin, and if there is more than two platinum or above in a cabin then the extra people get vouchers too.

This has been the case for years.

Before the change to latitudes back in about 2015 it was one voucher per person, so basically the same for most people

We are Sapphire, so when we cruise with newby friends we list my wife and I in separate cabins with each being with one of the new people.  That way we get extra Lattitudes meals and also extra chocolate covered strawberries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a question about the bottle of wine. I don't care for Teppenyaki so will dine elsewhere the nigh in husband goes with our sons. They have the FAS and hubby is using the platinum dinner. Four of us are using our dinners on the last night of the cruise. Now my question is should my husband get the wine at Teppenyaki and just have it sent to our cabin, is that even possible? Or can I use this in the MDR?

It has been a while and don't remember if this is on a separate card.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I have a question about the bottle of wine. I don't care for Teppenyaki so will dine elsewhere the nigh in husband goes with our sons. They have the FAS and hubby is using the platinum dinner. Four of us are using our dinners on the last night of the cruise. Now my question is should my husband get the wine at Teppenyaki and just have it sent to our cabin, is that even possible? Or can I use this in the MDR?

It has been a while and don't remember if this is on a separate card.

Thanks

There is no separate voucher for the wine, so you need to get it when you are using one of your platinum meal vouchers.

However, you can take it with you. Many of us ask for the bottle to be unopened. I take mine back to our cabin so I have a bottle to drink whilst sitting out on the balcony.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

There is no separate voucher for the wine, so you need to get it when you are using one of your platinum meal vouchers.

However, you can take it with you. Many of us ask for the bottle to be unopened. I take mine back to our cabin so I have a bottle to drink whilst sitting out on the balcony.

Excellent thank you so much.