First time cruiser - Excursions with SS or not???

theotherKennyB

We’ve done both, a mix some tours on are own with a private company while going on some SS tours.  We had a mix bag on SS tours, some really good and others not so.  Mind you we’ve only taken one Silversea cruise.  What I like about private is you pick and choose what you want to see.  The biggest plus is time—you can stop the tour and go back to the ship if it becomes to long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

( despite no obvious disability, also manage to insinuate themselves into the front seats).

And there are people who make assumptions about those with no obvious disability not needing a seat near the front....  

My daughter suffers  from severe car sickness, which is even worse after being on the ship,  and no matter what she takes it doesn't help, so a view out the front window makes it more pleasant for all around her. 

As a solo I also rarely book private tours.  SS excursions in the first few days are actually good for getting to know your fellow pax.

19 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

And there are people who make assumptions about those with no obvious disability not needing a seat near the front....  

My daughter suffers  from severe car sickness, which is even worse after being on the ship,  and no matter what she takes it doesn't help, so a view out the front window makes it more pleasant for all around her. 

As a solo I also rarely book private tours.  SS excursions in the first few days are actually good for getting to know your fellow pax.

I rarely took ship excursions because I also needed to sit in the front seat due to serious motion sickness and I would receive snide comments from fellow passengers.  I take medication, use a electric pulse wrist band, and completed a series of acupuncture on the advise of my physician who also suffers from major motion sickness.  Most of the time I would arrange private tours and pay for a large van just for myself and my spouse in order to avoid the unpleasant comments on bus excursions.  Fortunately, my motion sickness seems to be less severe so I can start taking bus excursions without having to sit in the front seat.

Edited by Post it