Carnival in Canada?

Sunseeker20

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Lots of carnival ships visit Canada. on the west coast they stop at Victoria and on the east coast they go to Saint John, Halifax, Sydney

They also go to, or will soon be going to Corner Brook, NL, St. Anthony, NL and Prince Rupert, BC.   So, there's at least seven ports in Canada and we may have missed a few.

Maybe they'll start cruising out of Vancouver again in 2025, but at least through the 2024 season they aren't. They may never again, nobody knows right now. They also don't sail out of San Juan anymore for example.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Sorry I should have been more specific, I used to be able to get on Carnival ships in Vancouver and sail to Alaska and Hawaii, but that's stopped since covid. Is that no longer going to happen?

I understood your question 😉 I don't think Carnival knows what their plans are for the future. It's a day-by-day process.

Sorry I should have been more specific, I used to be able to get on Carnival ships in Vancouver and sail to Alaska and Hawaii, but that's stopped since covid. Is that no longer going to happen?

Normally Carnival would use Vancouver as a port to start cruises for when repositioning ships from Alaska to other ports so they could get around the PVSA of 1886.  Now they just reposition the ship back to Australia instead of back to the US ports.

I was wondering the same thing - we really love sailing out of Vancouver (going past Stanley Park and under the Lions Gate Bridge).  We really like Vancouver in general - I hope Carnival starts using that port again.

• Like 1