Reserving tables in the dining room of Prima

saramy

We’re taking our entire family on a family cruise aboard the Prima in 2 weeks.  I went on their website today to book our table (of eight) in the dining room, for a couple nights only to find no availability!  At all!  Well, except one 8:30 opening, which wouldn’t work because we have an 8 & 6 yr old.  Is that right?  Does every passenger prebook their table in the dining room??  Do you think we’ll be able to get something once on board?

2 hours ago, saramy said:

We’re taking our entire family on a family cruise aboard the Prima in 2 weeks.  I went on their website today to book our table (of eight) in the dining room, for a couple nights only to find no availability!  At all!  Well, except one 8:30 opening, which wouldn’t work because we have an 8 & 6 yr old.  Is that right?  Does every passenger prebook their table in the dining room??  Do you think we’ll be able to get something once on board?

General dining reservations opened on November 12th (120 days prior to embarkation). You have waited too long to make reservations and all pre-cruise reservations are sold out. Priority dining Reservations opened on Nov 2 for Haven and Suites; and Nov 7 for Club Balcony and Top Tier Latitudes.

Your priority would be to make those reservations once you are onboard. Go to Syd Norman's (Deck 7 mid-ship) on embarkation day to make your reservations as soon as you embark. 

Show Reservations opened on February 19th. If shows are sold out, you could also try booking at the Theater Box Office (Deck 6, Forward, Starboard door) once onboard. 

Edited by BirdTravels

5 hours ago, saramy said:

What you are actually seeing is all the premium times were booked online. However, once you get on the ship go to guest services and check to see if they have open dining times and maked reservations first thing on board...same for any shows.  They hold back times and reservations for guest coming on board. That said, you can also be seated if you wait inline at any main dining room....you don't really have to have a reservation tor those. But if you want to do specialty restaurants I'd do that ASAP when you get on board...you really need reservations for them. 

Thanks all for the info.  Since this is our first experience with ncl (although our 62nd cruise)  we were unaware of all the hoops we had to jump through for booking and checking in on our own!  My bad, and I guess our travel agent should've advised us better.  But, I'll line up outside Syd Normans as advised, and try to get some reservations for a family dinner.  It'd be so disappointing to bring the family together, but not be able to actually dine together!  We'll see how it all goes, but meanwhile, thanks to all who responded.

6 minutes ago, saramy said:

Thanks all for the info.  Since this is our first experience with ncl (although our 62nd cruise)  we were unaware of all the hoops we had to jump through for booking and checking in on our own!  My bad, and I guess our travel agent should've advised us better.  But, I'll line up outside Syd Normans as advised, and try to get some reservations for a family dinner.  It'd be so disappointing to bring the family together, but not be able to actually dine together!  We'll see how it all goes, but meanwhile, thanks to all who responded.

You can have dinner together even without reservations! In the MDRs, not every table is reserved, as they hold back tables for people to show up whenever they want (Freestyle dining). You might have to stand in line and then wait a little bit to get seated, especially with a large party, but there's always a bar near the MDR you can use your drink package at while you wait...

Edited by palpieha
  • Like 1

Our family of 7 has never made a MDR reservation and we’ve never had to wait for a table in the larger restaurant on any NCL ship. My plan was to grab a drink at the bar if we had to wait, every time I didn’t get my drink (I experienced slow drink service at the table).

• Like 1