Transportation from cruise port to airport

bigsky

22 hours ago, bigsky said:

Our flight is at 11:10 out of Barcelona. I've read that it's recommended to have transportation booked ahead to avoid lines for a taxi. Which companies do you recommend?

Thanks!

Here is a taxi service and several private transfer companies too. Depending on the time of your ship's arrival and how many other ships are also disembarking, the wait can be a long one. Last September, we disembarked quickly but the line for taxis took us almost 1 hour- we wished we had booked a car even though we were only going to a hotel.

https://www.booktaxibcn.com/

https://www.jgelegancecars.com/  - highly recommended, booked last September from our hotel.

https://www.bcnluxurylimousines.com/

On 2/25/2023 at 11:09 PM, bigsky said:

Our flight is at 11:10 out of Barcelona. I've read that it's recommended to have transportation booked ahead to avoid lines for a taxi. Which companies do you recommend?

Thanks!

There are dozens of taxis at the cruise terminal. By the time you’ve walked round trying to find your driver, you could be in a cab 🚕 and on your way!  It’s 20 min journey at €39 set fare. 

Edited by little britain

In May it took all of 15 minutes to walk off our ship, find our luggage, leave terminal, and hop in a taxi. Barcelona is a wonderful port from which to disembark.  And the airport isn't terribly far either.  Of course we were on a fairly small ship, so that may have made things even easier/faster.  But we've disembarked in Barcelona twice now and always found it to be a great experience.  So I agree - just walk out and find a taxi.

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

In May it took all of 15 minutes to walk off our ship, find our luggage, leave terminal, and hop in a taxi. Barcelona is a wonderful port from which to disembark.  And the airport isn't terribly far either.  Of course we were on a fairly small ship, so that may have made things even easier/faster.  But we've disembarked in Barcelona twice now and always found it to be a great experience.  So I agree - just walk out and find a taxi.

Ditto 

Thanks for all your replies! We are on the Symphony, so it's a VERY lg ship. But flying out later meant many hours of layovers!

One less thing I need to worry about! : )

• 2 weeks later...

We just took a taxi (we had an early flight though and actually carried our stuff off ship). Must have been no later than 7am though. 

I did use Welcome Pickups though when I arrived and again to get to the airport after we traveled to Lisbon post cruise for a few days.  They were easy to work with and our driver was waiting when we arrived even though our plane was delayed.  I did notify them as quickly as I learned we were going to be delayed though - but still nice to know our ride was still there and waiting.  They use whatsapp to message you upon arrival. 

• 3 weeks later...

Was also wondering about this.  We have a flight that leaves the Barcelona airport for the US at 11:15am on a sunday in late September.  Any later flights would have meant very, very long layovers and not arriving home until the next day.  The ship docks at 5am, so I would like to have a car waiting to drop us at the airport.  I see the three suggestions above for booking private transfers, so i will investigate them.  Does anyone have any other suggestions for private transfer/taxi companies that are also good and reliable?  This is our second time cruising from  Barcelona. The first was back in 2009 but I cant remember flight times or if we had an delays, etc.  Thanks for any info!

On 4/2/2023 at 1:28 PM, lem3u said:

Was also wondering about this.  We have a flight that leaves the Barcelona airport for the US at 11:15am on a sunday in late September.  Any later flights would have meant very, very long layovers and not arriving home until the next day.  The ship docks at 5am, so I would like to have a car waiting to drop us at the airport.  I see the three suggestions above for booking private transfers, so i will investigate them.  Does anyone have any other suggestions for private transfer/taxi companies that are also good and reliable?  This is our second time cruising from  Barcelona. The first was back in 2009 but I cant remember flight times or if we had an delays, etc.  Thanks for any info!

I just replied to your post and saw you here....haha

This early flight out was so much better with getting home the same day. Otherwise, many long layovers! I'm used to cruising the Caribbean and know the drill. This is a new one for us. : )

On several of our cruises (NCL Epic) we have had to leave early.  To achieve this we have been up at 6 am,  skipped breakfast and had snacks in our room.  At 6.30 the lifts were empty and we walked off with our luggage.  We were one of the first off and taxis were plentiful.  

TBH I cannot recall if the ship docked at 5 or 6 am.  Still I am sure that disembarking before 7 am would get you a taxi without the need to book.  Self disembark is important in this plan.  This will get you to the airport early.  The thing is that if you leave it too much later then things get a bit more crowded and you get queues for lifts and taxis.