Experience more packages question

woodley

We are thinking of getting the indulgence package.  Does anyone know when you buy a package with the shore excursion credit are you able to book and use this credit prior to sailing or do you have to wait to book the tours whilst on board.  There are a few tours I want to use this credit on but don't want to wait to book in case they sell out.

If you pay for the package before boarding our experience on the previous systems was the shorex credit showed up immediately and we could use it. Not sure what their new system will do and whether any transactions you did will be impacted if there are changes. 
I believe way back you could also phone to book excursions and use Onboard credit. They could manipulate the system if there were problems not sure if that’s still the case. 

• Like 1

The 10% discount only applies for a future cruise not the current cruise and it’s 5% for less than 3 excursions per person. So I doubt given the timing the discount is relevant for the OP

• Like 1

9 hours ago, woodley said:

We are thinking of getting the indulgence package.  Does anyone know when you buy a package with the shore excursion credit are you able to book and use this credit prior to sailing or do you have to wait to book the tours whilst on board.  There are a few tours I want to use this credit on but don't want to wait to book in case they sell out.

One thing you can't do, in case you were planning this, is use your OBC to book the Indulgence package. I tried that but no go. I think you're OK if you buy it with your own cash/card and then, as another poster indicates, there's no reason why the tours credit would not show up.

• Like 2

We bought an Indulgence Package a couple of weeks ago for an Amazon and Brazil 22 night cruise in November. Within 10 minutes of buying the package I was able to see the amount for Shore Excursion credit on my booking online.  Originally, I had $300 OBC; after I bought the package it showed as $1000 OBC. 

My invoice showed that the actual OBC was earmarked as $850 for me, and $150 for hubby, so I asked on this board if we had to spend it that way and was given advice that "no, it could be spent by both of us". The boards were correct, as I was able to book $500 worth of Shore Excursions each, and not spend any cash, the system just backed it away from our OBC amount. Technically, I did end up spending $3.00 usd cash, as I went slightly over, and now my booking shows $0.00 OBC at the top. 

• Like 3