Changing excursions via website

slidebite

I want to remove some excursions which we booked a couple weeks ago on the web site.

While they are checked, they are "ghosted" and do not allow me to un-check. Is there something obvious I'm missing? I am all properly logged in (can see our cruise and everything). We still have over a month until departure. Do I have to call them?

Slightly off topic but advise required please:

We are booked on a Regent cruise 20th Sept Vancouver to Japan. I have only just round to booking excursions. I didnt realise you had to book so early!  Almost all of the"free" excursions and a lot of the "pay" excursions were sold and wait listed. 

My question is, we have booked quite a few wait listed excursions, what are the chances of actually getting on any of them?

I had no idea you needed to book so far out? Regent guests must be very keen to book.

Can’t change excursions on the website.  Old fashioned but true.

as far as waitlisted excursions clearing, we are about 50/50.  It kind of depends on the type of excursion.  If there is a big demand and it is a situation where they can just add another bus, those usually clear.  If it is a small excursion with limited availability, not so much.  Someone will have to cancel and turn in their tickets.  I have had some luck with just showing up at the departure time for the excursion and waiting for a no show.  The excursion desk will advise you to do this if there is something you want that isn’t available.